
The trip to Pennsylvania for my Grandmother's funeral went really well. We arrived in DC on Thursday and met up with Shane and Meri for dinner. Friday was Grandma's funeral and she looked so beautiful and so peaceful. It was neat to see and meet some of my Dad's cousins and one of his best friends from high school came as well. The service was nice. Her pastor was out on a sebatical and so his assistant pastor (I don't know what he is called) did the service. My Dad and Shane both said a little something and both beautifully said. It was difficult to say goodbye to my Grandma, but I am so grateful I was able to be there to say goodbye. The group said a prayer in unision at the gravesite and then we laid her to rest. Her casket was pink! I immediately told James I want a gold or pink casket when I die. It was beautiful!


After we ate some lunch that her church provided for us and then we went back to the gravesite to dedicate the grave. It was a gorgeous day and I am glad my Grandma can finally be with my Grandpa again. Her best friend George told us he was talking to her on Saturday, the day before she passed, and she told him 'I am ready to go. I am ready to die'. It was comforting to her she was calm and ready to embark on the next phase of her life.

Friday the B's (my Dad's brother and his family) went to the Green Dragon. It is a market where all the Amish go to sell all the produce and other items they grow in their farms. Got some famous whoopie pies that my Mom loves! I am awaiting pictures from the rest of the weekend so I will wait to post about those adventures.
Me, Meri, Shane, Mom, Dad, Uncle Barry, Theresa, Bev (holding Johnny), Brian, Bonnie, and Brad's headJames had a good weekend at home. He noticed I was stressing out Wednesday night before I left and offered to do the dishes and such, little did he know how many there were. Poor guy. But as always powered through them like a champion. He golfed, went to Park City, and went to the Bee's game with his family. It is nice to be home and together again. Being away from each other sure makes you miss all the little moments you share together!
7 comments:
Linds Thats so great you got to be there! I am glad your grandma was peaceful about passing away too. I think sometimes you just know when its time to go, and it sounds like she lived a wonderful life with a great family! Love Ya!! P.S. I would love to go to lunch Friday!
I'm so happy you could be there with your family to say goodbye. Sounds like it was a really neat service. Can't wait to hear about your amish adventures!
Oh, and Alisa (on my blog) is a friend from high school. She's one amazing woman!
loved seeing those pictures Linds. Now I can put a face to Uncle Barry's name. I'm glad you were able to go and that you had a good time. Love ya!
I'm so glad that you made it out there. You'll have those heartwarming memories forever and I'm sure your dad was greatful you were there too. My grandpa just passed away on Sat. from cancer that was diagnosed only three weeks ago! He was only in his 70's so it was and is very intense. I feel your pain and know what you are going through. Being with family is the most comforting thing in the world, don't you think?
Hey I found your blog through Stacy's. You are always adorable! Hope everything is going good for you newlyweds, well I guess not so new anymore:) My how time goes!
Isn't it great that you can spend this time with so much family - and even better that you know that there is a bigger picture? You look lovely, by the way.
Hey linds, sorry about your grandma!! My grandparents are getting very old aswell. It's sad to see them go! I miss ya tons. Clogging starts soon!! I am so excitted!!!! Way cute family. Tell your mom I said hi!!
Post a Comment