Tuesday, October 7

Librarians

I went to the library tonight to get some books for our trip and I asked the lady if she could help me find The Book Thief. I explained I found the call number {impressed I knew that much? I was obsessed with a field trip we did to the library in elementary school. Secretly wanted to be a librarian... for that week} and that it wasn't where it said it would be.

Librarian: 'It is in the YCF section over there'. Points towards the other half of the library.
Me: 'Oh right... just over in that area'
Librarian: 'Yes. It's over there in the YCF section' {pointing again with the finger almost pointing at the ceiling}
Me: 'Silly me. It's just right there'

After following some lady that looked like she worked there and standing in the middle of the library confused I finally found the YCF section. Maybe they should have a lesson to the librarians that not everyone that comes to the library knows where everything is. Or maybe is it just cause I am blonde?

But I do have to say checking out books from the library sure is fun! I love how hi-tech everything is now. You can renew online, be put on a waiting list, and best yet... you get an email reminder when they are due! Thank you libraries for making book borrowing fun!

5 comments:

kellie said...

Librarians can be grumpy like that. I have had my share of run ins, that's for sure.

Libraries are great and they are also just another reason why I love my country!!

YAY!! Libraries!!!

Lindsey said...

I have recently rediscovered the library and now Haylee and I go at least once a week! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves them so much.

Shae said...

Yeah I know where that section is!?!?! NO I DON'T!!! That crazy that this happened. Your so cute! Your not blond! Well, you are but not like that. Love you girl!

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Lindsey, you're so adorable!!! When are we going to do a double!?!

Ayrion said...

Linsey, it has been so long! Long time no see and I have not been up with the blogg thing for like 2 months, but I think of you often...cute little story...! Well, hope all is well!