Tuesday, November 25

Change

Nothing is more constant than change.

We change ourselves. We change our lives. Jobs change. Families change. Friends change. I find it ever so interesting to look back upon myself and I use to say "I love change". Now I sit with my knees curled against my chest thinking "Can I handle anymore change?". Change is meant to help us have more strength, but lately it seems it has only made me weaker... and scared. I have learned a lot about myself being married and the one major thing I learned was I like to have control. And being married you have to let that control go. Marriage is the most self-less act you will do in your life, besides having kiddos.

So today I am going to choose. I am going to choose to be more willing, trusting, and carefree about life, work, play and let the control go. Change is constant and I want to be a constant rock through the change yet to come.

** Our marriage is doing great! I am just on a new road of self discovery, trying to enjoy the ride.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I still feel that way and I have been married for 6 years. What an adjustment. But it's worth it to make him happy. I too am a control freak. We have found common ground and constantly make jokes about which departments of life that we are the "boss" of.

Jenna said...

You are great Linds and I love what you wrote. President Monson gave an amazing talk in Conference about this very thing. I hope you are doing well and we can hang out soon!

And we haven't heard anything from you about the game, I guess you're not yet ready to confess that you're cheering on the wrong team:) GO UTES!

Kawika and Aly and Emma said...

I think she is trying to decide whether or not she is going to "change" what team she wants to cheer for!! Go Utes!!

now, back to your original post...I just want to Thank you for those words!! You are such a sweet heart, and I love you dearly. Marriage is very hard, but VERY worth it.

Miss you loads!!

Jamie G said...

"The only thing that stays the same is that everything changes everyday." Great words to live by. Love the hair by the way