Wednesday, April 22

It's never too late

There will always be a chance
to follow and achieve my dreams.

On my way into work an old thought
came to my mind...
I knew a girl who ran a full marathon and I said
to myself, 'I want to try to do that'.
And without even realizing it I have
done such that by starting with these 1/2 marathons.

When James and I were dating one of his
fondest memories was when I told him,
'I am a doer. I like to be on the move. And go go go'
To which he replied,
'I like to sit back and chill and enjoy it all'.
How sweet life has become and I have been able
to pick up that wonderful quality from my sweet man.

I have been able to slow myself down.
Enjoy time with my fun and hot husband.
Enjoy the time with family and friends.
Appreciate a beautiful sunrise when
being into work earlier than usual.
Breathe in the sweet soft smell of Spring that
was ever so strong last night.

I had a light go on today,
That my dreams can still happen whether
it is in my 20's, 30's, or 40's.
I want to keep expanding myself.
Cooking. Sewing. Dance. Hair.

My main enlightment is from this article.
She too always wanted to go to hair school
and finally achieved her dream.
If she can do it, I certainly will do it too.

What dreams do you still want to achieve?!

3 comments:

sTaCiE said...

Your posts are always the best! They would be my very favorite to read!! All the time! :) Hey thanks for checking out that pre-school for me! Yes, if she could ask and see if there were any bacement ones that would be awesome! We are in s. Jordan off 104th and bangerter..literally. Thanks hun!! You rock!

Lindsey said...

So many things I still need to work on. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a long list. Seriously, Bachelorette theme nights is sounding pretty tempting...

Heath said...

Lins. Love the post, I'll go outside today with my boys and really ENJOY the moment.
I'm going to have to put some thought into what my DREAMS are. I mostly think of what I want for my kids and their lives:)

Don't worry at all about not being able to make it. It was a great night. If you REALLY still want some jewelry, I had a few girls who couldn't make it last night as well and want to go another time to Kim's house...she has her set up there as well. So, just let me know.