Monday, August 31

Livin Large in California

We drove out from Utah on Friday at 8:15am and arrived in Palo Alto around 10pm ish. Boy was it a journey. I think the funniest was when I was driving the truck and had to squeeze through a concrete wall and a semi truck. I may have given cardiac arrest to James and my parents who were following us in our car.
Palo Alto weather is usually in the 70 -80's, but ironically Saturday was the hottest day of the year for them at a whopping 100 degrees. We moved our stuff in and moved Cody and Meg's stuff out on Saturday. The cottage we live in is quite a bit smaller than anything we have had to live in, so it has been fun and interesting figuring out what we can keep and how to store it all.

James and I and our cottage
This is the outside of our cute little cottage we will be living in. I will do a picture tour when I have everything settled in it's place. The cottage is so cute and quaint. Most houses in Palo Alto don't have AC units. It's awesome to sleep with the windows open and have the breeze come through.

Today has been bittersweet. We said goodbye to my parents this morning which was pretty heart wrenching. We didn't want them to leave. So here we are. Just on our own. Living in California. It's a tad bit weird, but it will be good. We are excited for what will come our way!

17 comments:

LeAnn said...

Cute house! I can't wait to see the inside. I'm glad you guys made it safe and sound to Cali.

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh it looks sooo cute!
i can't wait to see more pics of the inside!!
glad you made it safe.
i think it is SO awesome you are there!!! love you!

Jade and Michael said...

Congrats and good luck! The new home looks so cute!

Julie said...

Totally laughing picturing you driving the big truck. The house is super cute. I think its so awesome that you're there on your own. I wish we would have lived away at some point. I think it will be such a great experience for you guys. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

Your cottage is really cute. I love it. You will love it. It will be good to just be the two of you. You will grow so close. Love you and we will miss you here in utah.

Steffani Dastrup said...

How fun Linds! I'm really excited for you guys! I think every newly married couple needs to get away from "home" for a little while! It will make you and James so strong!

Anonymous said...

Cute home! Congrats! This will be a fun adventure for you two. Best of luck!

Nikki said...

You look so cute and happy! :)

Kimbo said...

Linds that is so great you are there! I'm glad the move went well, can't wait to see and hear more about your new home!! Love ya!

Angi Gerrie said...

So cute!

Julie said...

Lindsey this isn't even funny! That is the exact house Nikki lived in!

Lindsey said...

Linds, I think your little cottage is adorable! Those kinds of houses have so much character! I'm glad you made it safe! Love you guys!

Lindsey said...

I want to live in a cottage! Hope all is going well so far.

Julie said...

Haha sorry, I thought I left a comment on your first post when you said you were moving about who she is.
Nikki was my roommate when we lived in raintree. She was in our ward. Her name then was Nicole Allen, but she is married (and was when she lived there) and her last name now is Bradford.
This is such a small world!

VanOrden Family said...

Linds Lou, hey who is the hottie with james... oh you of course! Looks like a way cute place...can't wait to come visit ya!!

Carly said...

Congratulations, what a darling little place! Can't wait to hear about the journey in Cali!

Us said...

What the crap? Did I miss something? I didn't know you were moving to CA??? So when you get settled I would love a text or phone call so we can chat. I love you and glad you made it safe!! You may not know this now, but you're really going to love it I promise!!!

-Kati