Yesterday I set out to run 14 miles.
I only ran 12.
I have done two 18 mile runs,
but was beyond freaked out for the marathon in two weeks.
I had it stuck in my mind I really wanted to do 22 miles before the race.
It is advised to not do super long runs close to the race,
but I didn't listen.
I woke up early and ran 22 miles.
I started at 5:15am and
it was awesome to see the world wake up and get moving.
Some highlights from the run:
- Waking up at 2:00am and eating a bagel {I have to eat 3 hrs before or bad things happen}
- Running the roads I've always ran but seeing them in a different light, literally
- Stopping at a park to use the restroom and walking in on an old asian lady going to the bathroom. There are locks on doors for a reason.
- Getting to 18 miles and debating of stopping but remembering James advice the night before, 'Pick a goal you want to run and do it no matter what'
- Breaking past my physical and mental wall in running
- Running like Pheobe from Friends for a bit {it was exhilarating. please try it soon!}
- Hurting so bad I wish I had no legs
- But having the most incredible feeling in the world when I finished
Bring it on St. George Marathon!!


8 comments:
Yay!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! You will do great at the Marathon! It's going to be so fun to see you do it!! I'm going to cry so be ready! Oh...I'm crying now!!!
I am so impressed with your running abilities! I try and try to run, but just can't break three miles. Keep it up and good luck at St. George!
That is awesome Lindsey! I am so excited for you! My friend that teaches school with me is running also! Keep your eye out for her! Her name is Nikki Thorpe!
Freakin awesome! 13 is my max. You're amazing. I ran a 5k for charity yesterday. Are you proud?
Good news. I got an email yesterday from Ragnar that said they are sanctioning a new race: It's going to be the Napa Valley Ragnar next year! That's right up your alley right? Thought you might be interested.
Go linds go! You are awesome and just gave me the motivation I need to wake up and go tomorrow. I won't be running 22 miles though, that's insane you are so cool!
Go girl! Go!! Wow, I am seriously very impressed!! I have NEVER had the guts to run that far....wow!! Go Linds, goodluck with the marathon you are going to dominate it!! Miss ya Vevs
You are awesome. Hands down. I can only wish to be like you. Also I am coming to San Fran Oct. 23 (that weekend) for a little performance. I don't know what kind of time I'll have but that would be kinda cool to see you... just sayin...
Good luck Linds! You will do amazing!!
Post a Comment