Monday, May 16

Chicken Fiesta

I feel like I am always searching for good recipes.
You know those times where you can't think of anything to make,
and all you want is a good recipe to use that you know will
actually hit the spot.
I made this meal Saturday night.
I found the recipe in a Costco cookbook and
was surprised by how good it was!
I wanted to share because a good recipe is always worth sharing!



















{Ironic the chicken is eating the baby, eh?}

CHICKEN FIESTA

1 TBS vegetable oil
8 chicken drumsticks (or I used chicken breasts)
1 cup rice, uncooked
2 10-oz cans diced tomatoes & green chilies
1 8-oz tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 green onion thinly sliced green onion
1/3 cup cheddar cheese

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook until golden brown on all sides, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from the skillet; keep warm.

Add rice to the drippings in the pan; stir to coat. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until rice browns a bit. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and about half of the onions; blend well. Bring to a boil. Top with chicken and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.

Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and rice is tender.

2 comments:

Cody and Meg said...

Sounds fab...in fact I think ill try it out asap! I love your random pics!

Scott & Annie said...

Thanks for the recipe...looks yummy!