Wednesday, November 16

I can be crafty


My Dad is a super handy guy.
He can build, fix, or improve anything.
It's amazing!
I feel like I am still trying to find my talents.
I'm really good at watching TV.
I can bake.
But I wanted to dive in and see if I had any of my Dad's handy ability.



















I decided to re-stain our end table.
I sanded. and sanded.
Stained, stained, and stained some more.
And did a few layers of finish work....


















And BAM! New end table.
With a little blood, sweat, and tears we have a new table.
Except the awesome part was there weren't any
blood, sweat, or tears.
Some handy work and skill if I may say so myself!
Oh and please notice the darling little pumpkin and corn.
Purchased at a real farm!
Back to the table...
this little adventure makes me excited for many projects to do in the future.

5 comments:

LeAnn said...

I love it! Don't you just love finding your hidden talents? I try new things all the time to see if I'm any good at it. A lot of time I'm not, but at least I tried.

Jill said...

That is one cute table.... It really looks awesome! You have so many talents. Have you mentioned the "shopping" talent someone taught you :)

Heather and Trevor said...

I wish I had the "crafty" talent...alas, I have found it saves money, time and energy just buying something! :( Maybe one day I can be like you...

Nikki said...

Good job Linds! I would love to be as handy as Mr Jacobs! He rocks the tool belt!!! Your table is adorable :o)

Lindsey said...

Changing furniture is one of my most favorite things in the world! You did a great job. There's nothing like getting a new table without spending major bucks on it. Way to go!