Tuesday, April 24

Run baby!

Since moving out here to Cali I have ran the same routes for now 2 1/2 years.
That is SO boring and I finally hit my limit.
I have not found the joy in just running to run... Yet.
I like to know how far I am going and how many miles I have done.
It's the control side in me.
So I eased up on my running.
Gave myself a break.
And then I got sick last week,
which I was secretly kind of relieved.
It gave me even more of a reason to take it easy.

I have a fear of not constantly working out for three main reasons.
1. The routine being off balance
2. I am terrified of the results of not working out
3. My stress levels are much more tolerable when I have worked out.


So I tried a run yesterday and the coughing was too much.
I'll try again tomorrow.
It probably wont be pretty but I feel like after you give your body a break,
it's time to beat whatever sickness is left out with some exercise.

On a side note...I hope to do at least two races this year.
I haven't done one since April 2011.
That's just sad. Almost pathetic in my book.
Because I love and crave races.
They are so much fun and they make me feel like I am cloud nine!
It reminds me of my clogging days.
Competitions and performances were so much fun.
Hanging out with friends all day and dancing! It was such a blast!
Who knew I would be a runner? I for sure didn't see that one coming.
The summer is fast approaching and I don't know when and if I will be able to do any running,
but I hope to get some good races in before the new year.
And hopefully a mud race! Anyone wanna join?
Those mud races just look purely awesome!!



1 comment:

Jill said...

I don't see why you don't just "Run" home!!! You can do it! I'll have Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars warm and ready!!