Wednesday, September 24

Forrest Fam Vacay 2014

At the end of July we had a Forrest Family Vacation in Southern California.
It was such a great vacation!
We rented a house, with a pool, and it was only one mile from Disneyland.
We could hear and see the fireworks each night.
Talk about magical!
We were lucky to have Ann here from Scotland,
and to have an honorary Forrest join our family, Isabel's friend Madison.
Sadly we missed the Ian Forrest family and Megan.
Next time!

 {James, Me, Raquel, Callum, Brigham, Ann, Jerry, Lucy, Gary, John, Isabel, Jack, Kellie, and Madison}
The whole group together.
Luckily this photographer was patient as we requested a group shot.
A mighty fine looking group if you ask me!


We ended up doing 4 days of Disneyland.
I know it sounds crazy, and I thought it was.
But it actually ended up being perfect.
The whole concept of coming and going,
is really quite fantastic.
As my Mom would say, I won!
I ran into Connie Wagstaff at the park.
How great is that?!
I can't recall the last time I saw her.
She reminded me of a love note Emily Childress and I wrote her son.
Who knew I was so cool back then too?!



Kellie and I staked out a spot for the parade.
I was determined to make sure everyone had a good spot.
People kept inching towards me, and even asked if there was room for one.
No. There is not room for one.
I'm saving for 14. :)
 Just a great photo.
 Seeing Disneyland through Callum's eyes was such a treat!
He's such a cutie, and was so excited for all the characters.
I use to be very anti Disneyland.
Thought it was boring.
Obviously my tune has changed.
 Sister and brother, Ann and Jerry.
It was so fun having Ann here with us.
She's so adventurous!

 I think Lucy was in heaven with seeing Captain America.
He was dreamy as Captain America is,
and such a gentleman.
I wish he would have kissed her cheek.
But she probably would have had a heart attack,
and that's the last thing we need on a vacation.

 Kellie and I stayed to ride a few extra rides while everyone went home to rest.
She's the best.
She's easy going and fun, and the conversations just fly.
 The whole group watching the parade.
See!
The fending off strangers was TOTALLY worth it.
Those faces are priceless!
 Especially this little guys' face.
I mean. Come on!
 Callum and Isabel
 Kellie and Aunt Ann
 Jerry and Lucy
 James and Aunt Ann
 {Brigham, John, Jack, Gary, Callum, Jerry, and James}
The men
 The jungle safari.
Who knew the tour guide was so funny?!
And the way they steer that boat with a fling of the wheel,
I was impressed.
 The Brigham Forrest fam.
 Meeting Mickey!
So so awesome!
We all got to have our picture with him.
Callum just ran right up to him saying,
"I love you Mickey"
Breaks your heart, I tell ya.

 Space Mountain.
I think this is my favorite ride
So fun.

 John and Donald
 At the house we rented they customized a welcome for us.
The house was so cozy,
made me almost wish we all lived in one house together.
Almost.


We did the usual Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive.
Ann worked as a nanny for John Williams for a year.
So it was exciting for her to see everything again.


 This is the pool at our rental house.
It was great to have this.
Makes me want to have a pool when we have a house.
It was so fun to have something to do,
and gather around.
One day!
Little Callum was such a cutie this whole trip.
I may, or may not, have gotten him stuck on wearing goggles.
He wouldn't get out of the pool even when he was shaking cold.
But a marshmallow on a stick did the trick this time.
The seesters.
I'm so lucky to have some great sister-in-laws.
Everyone had some major withdrawals from this trip.
We texted each other for weeks after talking about how we can go back.
Forrest family vacation was a major success,
can't wait for the next one!

No comments: