Wednesday, December 19

Graham Cracker Houses

The Jacobs' family
Just starting our houses
Tam and Preslee
Mom, her frosting, and awesome Christmas apron
James and his cute 'Nib' roof
Dad and his 'Empire State Building' house Left to Right - My second house (my fav), Trisha's (notice the ice rink and the fire pit), and my first house (the one in back. Pretty much every candy possible on that thing. ha ha) Macy's house and James' house
Clockwise - Dad's, Cory's, Todd's, and Boston's houses

Every year since I was a little girl we have always made Graham Cracker Houses. Despite the rest of the world using gingerbread, we choose to use graham crackers! My Dad so carefully crafts and makes houses using graham crackers and homeade syrup. It has become such a fun tradition to make them and now we give them away to families. It was James' first time doing it with my family. He did an excellent job especially with his wood log pile made out of Kit Kat! We all have different techniques... My Dad goes for the biggest structure, while I try to see how much candy I can load on so you are not able to see any of the original graham cracker. Trish always hangs around and then pulls out the creative switch. Todd is of course the slow and steady winner. Cory always tries to trump Todd, even though Cory's grill was quite impressive. Tam's are always so cute and inventive. Macy and Boston did an awesome job doing it all by themselves! And my dear Mother loves to fill our frosting tubes for us so we can stay busy decorating. I love Christmas time with my family!

2 comments:

kellie said...

Sweet Houses! Looks like good times!.

Lacy said...

Ok first off. I haven't read your blog and oh my gosh. I about lost my best friend. Glad your safe with the leak. Your houses are awesome. How fun! My house decorations came to me the next day (after you were there). Mother Karla made it. Fun huh, She truely is talented. Anyway love the blog. Love you! Peace on earth