The news of President Hinckley passing away came to us while we were at Ian and Wendy's home. Ian is the Bishop so his executive secretary called the house. Wendy answered and as soon as she got on the phone Erin says, "Someone died". Wow. We all fell silent and just sat there. The next day I see on everyone's blogs these great tributes to President Hinckley and I admire everyone for those. I thought, 'Everyone knows', but what great examples all my friends and family are for posting their love and admiration not only towards our beloved Prophet, but to the gospel as well. James and I were watching the Jazz game on Monday night and they showed that the Delta Center made a tribute to him. They had the whole arena do a moment of silence. James and I just looked at each other and both commented on how strong the spirit was, and we were at home watching it through the TV. How grateful I am for this gospel and for the Lord himself. I am so grateful President Hinckley is able to be with his adorable sweetheart once again. I am excited to hear President Monson's council towards us in these latter days. I love this church and I am so grateful to have a sensitive heart towards the spirit. With the passing of President Hinckley it makes me want to do better and be better. Be above the little things and be a hand for the Lord to help everyone around me. I am grateful James and I were married in the temple and have eternity to work towards together. I love this gospel and I could not be more proud to be a member of this church and to have the joy that the spirit brings. Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah!
1 day ago


4 comments:
Hey Lindsey! Yes I remember you. Ok so I can totally make you one. They are $20. I just need to know what size waist is your neice, and what 2 colors you would want for it. Just let me know. :)
That's so weird because I was just thinking I should post a tribute to President Hinckley! What a sad event, but like you said, so happy that him and his bride can be together again! That's awesome that we have the knowledge of knowing that we will be together after this life!! Thanks for your post!!
Hey Lindsey! This is Natalie Dahl - somehow I found your blog... not quite sure how that happened, but I love it! Your wedding pictures are so gorgeous. Where are you guys living? Talk to you later!
You're tagged!!! look at my blog:) love ya!
Post a Comment