This past weekend we had planned on going to Zions, but last minute decision we decided not to. So we made a mini-vacation here in Salt Lake. Thursday night we got Cafe Rio and watched the Jazz!!
Friday we went to my parents and James and my Dad put the last coat on their project they did during the week (I will post about it soon!). Then James and I went down to Gateway, with having a yummy lunch at Eat A Burger. James loves their cheeseburgers and I love their teriyaki chicken sandwhich and WE LOVE their spicy fries. MMM! Shopping at the Gateway was fun. We were bummed by the stores selection for Spring/Summer clothes. James thought we should get me some cute sunglasses, but the ones I liked were a mere $400. Maybe in my dreams! :0 Luckily we found James a real cute shirt! We met up with my parents and went to the Mayan. I was nervous to eat there only because last time we went I ordered the Chicken Ceaser Salad and it came with the whole freakin chicken on it. We waited for about an hour (my Mom kept saying she felt like she was at Disneyland. I love her enthusiasm, made time go by fast). We had good seats at the top by the cliff jumpers and the 'cave men'. AND GET THIS... all of our meals were GOOD! My Mom and I split the taco's (me-pork, her-chicken). Really tasty! James got the steak enchilada and my Dad the chicken chimichunga. We loved it. James and I then met up with Chase and Elana and Jeremy and Brielle and saw the movie 21! It was an excellent Friday!
Saturday morning while James was playing basketball; I met my parents at the gym so I could run. I got really upset because not even a mile into my run my knees started aching. I have always vowed to never do anything to damage my knees or back. I got really upset with myself. (Sorry Mom and Dad for being a grouch). So I lifted some weights then decided to push myself and run home from the gym. Suprisingly I did pretty good, but my knees still ached a bit. Grrr. James had a haircut at Trishie's so I got to play with the kiddos. Macy is so smart, and Boston was sick and kept telling me 'I get to drink Coke like Daddy cause it will make my stomach feel better.' We decided to test me at the Running Store to see if we could figure a solution to my knees. SUCCESS!! I now will wear inserts in my running shoes and I am so excited that I wont be hurting myself. We ran errands all day Saturday, and sorry babe for my debbie downer mood. For some reason I could not kick the grouchiness from the gym. We were both tired so we decided to stay home and watch some March Madness and rent some movies. We rented The Bee Movie (really cute) and made some Pina Coladas! Too bad I fell asleep as soon as the movie started at 10:15.
We had some of James' family over for dinner yesterday and enjoyed our Sunday! Our weekend was fun and quite eventful. We hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!
**Yep, no pictures AGAIN!! Hopefully I will get better at this! Any tips? Pretty pathetic too cause I carry my camera in my purse!
1 day ago


4 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend linds! We missed you on Friday at the art show. I'm sorry I haven't called you, I have been very busy with my show. We're going out of town this weekend, but I am pretty excited to hang out. How about this week? What is up with you?! I miss you!
You guys always do fun stuff. I'm jealous that your husband likes to shop...mine hates it! What's your secret to liking running? I keep telling myself that its fun, but I just get bored after about 10 minutes. You must be in awesome shape, totally jealous!
I just got your comment on my blog! I loved the story! I am glad I switched, blogger is so popular, that you can add a lot cooler things onto it. I am glad you can "spy" on my now! :o)
So do the inserts for running really work? I haven't ran in over a yr partially because I was pregnant and partially because I had knee surgery, anywho I like P90X but I really want to run you will have to let me know if your knee pain really goes away
Post a Comment