What better way to celebrate the arrival of Spring than with shopping and a movie! Yesterday was so fun! I worked the regular work day, and it was fantastic. I enjoy my job more and more every day. I met my Mom for lunch. We ate at Deseret Book Cafe. It was delicious! I love their chicken salad sandwhich on their yummy Lehi roll! We tried these bottled soda drinks, we got one orange cream and one lime, it was like a dessert, they were so good! We then gandered over to DSW shoes and Ross. I love those stores! We found some cute shoes at Ross. Ross is the best! I was reluctant for awhile until I finally opened my heart to the true beauty. The shoes I bought (picture below) are Seychelles and originally $70, ya I got them for $17! I have found awesome Express jeans that had the Express tag for $88 on them, and I got them for $10!!! WOOP! WOOP! I am so excited for Spring and Summer and all the cute flats that are out!!

Last night Tam, Trish, and I met up and had a Jacobs' sisters girls night. We went to Target and had fun trying on the clothes and looking through the dollar section. We each found some cute tops and pants and fun Easter things. We then finally got to see Step Up 2. 

I LOVED IT!! I love dance movies. And dance movies with beautiful people that are nice makes it even better. The ending dance scene was so incredible! I love anything to do with dancing. We had such a good time being together. I love my sisters!! We really missed you Meri!! Don't worry, we'll do a girls movie night next time we're all together! Love you!! I love hanging with them because they are so funny and we all get along so well. I feel like they are my sisters, but really they are my brothers wives, but I guess that is the beauty of it all. We sat in the car talking forever after the movie and got on the subject of people attacking us or waiting for us in our homes. We all get scared really easy and have very vivid imaginations so lets just say we were all anxious going home and to bed; especially considering our husbands were asleep. It was pretty funny to hear the different ways that we would defend ourselves or our family if something were to happen.
In fact I should share a time that my family purposely scared me. It was a couple of years ago one cold February night. Todd and Tam were at Cory and Trisha's house and I was on my way to meet them. I spoke to them plenty of times before I got there. When I got there I went around to the salon entrance so I would not wake up the kids. The basement was dark and no one came when I knocked, twice. I am kind of scared but blow it off. So I went back to my car and grabbed my phone and called Cory. He said they were there and to go through the front door. I walk in the front door and it is totally dark. I figured that was normal due to the kiddos that were asleep. I ran downstairs and flipped on the lights to where they were suppossedly watching a movie. When I flipped the lights on all I see are their shoes. Now all the scary movies I have ever seen are flashing through my brain. All I can think is, "They are all dead. Except Cory, he (the killer) is holding a gun to Cory's head to lure me in." I back myself into the corner at the end of the stairs. "I just talked to Cory on the phone, I wonder if he will answer" I think to myself. I call their house and I hear the phone ring, and ring, and ring, and RING! NO ANSWER! My family is dead. I am going to get raped and then die. I start bawling. Bawling so hard I can't breathe. I finally muster a whisper of a voice saying, "Cory?". No answer. One more try "Cory?". The hall light upstairs comes on and his head pops into the stairway. "Hey Linds". I start crying harder glad he is alive. "Is everyone ok?! I was SO scared!" Cory replys, "Ya, they just went to grab ice cream, they will be back soon." I go upstairs and he is nice enough to give me a hug and we start walking to the kitchen. As soon as we are close to the couch out pops Todd, Tam, and Trish scaring me AGAIN. Yep, dropped to the floor like a baby bawling again. They all are just laughing at me crying on the ground. We laugh about it now, but I have never been so frightened. Goes in the books of a story we will always bring up and laugh about!


3 comments:
My mom was so excited to tell me that she saw you! She LOVES you!! I do too!! You are so fun, who wouldn't?!?!
Aren't brothers and sister great? Mine have done several things to scare me over the years, especially since I am the youngest, so I know how you feel. I get scared easily and they know that so that is why they would do stuff like that to me.
hi lindsey!! it erica i saw you on carly's blog! you we so pretty on your wedding by the way!
Post a Comment