Thursday, March 20

My thoughts

Life is much too short. I have been thinking about this a lot lately and it really astonishes me. It amazes me how much people endure and go through in this life. I have been thinking about Jackie, James' Mom, and how I wish I could have known her. I know she was a wonderful lady by how great of a man James is. I love hearing the stories of how bubbly and fun she was and all the different ways her personality shown through. I wish I could have been around during the time because I feel like it is such a big part of James but I just do my best to understand. James went to lunch with Uncle Denny the other day and James brought home this picture of James at Jackie's funeral. It is the most touching thing I have ever seen. You can feel the love that James has for his Mom and the great sadness that he was overcome with from loosing his Mom at such a young age, she was only 54.


I then take a step back and look at him and his family. How strong they are! The experience has brought this sense of warmth and love to all of them and they don't dwell on the little trival things in life. They love everyone for who they are and they make sure you know you are loved.


People go through certain things in life only because the Lord knows that you will get through it. He knows that you will be able to endure the trial and be a stronger person after that will be able to help others in their time of need because of your strength. Because if He took you to it, He will help you through it.


I don't know how strong I am. I pray that I am strong and may be able to endure times like James has gone through. I think about my family and how we are all still alive and I get so scared to loose any of them. Then my friend Lacy calls and tells me that she freakin has a collision with a cement wall and her helmet shattered in half and she can't even remember our multiple conversations we had on Monday. It brings me to tears every time I think that I could have lost her! That my best friend would be gone.


So for my husband, my family, my new family, my friends, and all of you who are dear to me. I love you! Each of you have touched my life in such a way I will never forget who you are. I wish I was able to do more things for people and be more on top of calling and making sure you are handling life ok. Life is so hard sometimes and I pray everynight that you all remain strong and know that I love you. I think about all of you so much!


I know this is all deep and everything but I have been wanting to write something to this extent for the past week. I have started so many posts and it has never come out right. I am so happy with my life. I am so happy that I have been married in the temple to my knight in shining armor. I am so overcome with emotion for all in my life I just wish there was a way to ensure you knew how much I cared for all of you! Hopefully this helps and you may know I will always be here for you. Thank you for touching my life and for making me who I am! I love you all!!

4 comments:

Lacy said...

Linds- I am so glad you care and I love you! glad I am still here too!

kellie said...

Well, Lindsey, the more I get to know you the more and more you remind me a lot of Jackie. She was a lot like you. She saw the good in everyone, always wanted everyone to get along and she was a lot of fun. You two would have been so funny together. So, in a way, you know her. You are a great addition to the family. We are glad you are here and thanks for being you.

Life is full of bumps and sometimes the best we can do is keep moving.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I read her blog. That was crazy, poor thing.

Lindsey said...

You are so cute. What a good friend you are to be so concerned, but then take it a step further to reflect on all of your blessings. I agree, life is too short so we just have to live it to the fullest. This is a new concept I've been working on and it's amazing how much more fun life is when you're just happy with it!

Tamara Jacobs said...

Linds you are so sweet. I love what Kellie wrote about how you are a lot like James' mom. That's really neat. It was fun going to the movie last night. Let's do it more. Thanks for your example and friendship. love ya!
tam