Monday, March 10

Weekend Times

We had a great weekend! Friday night we were able to babysit the sweetest little girl, our niece Preslee. Todd and Tam were able to go and enjoy the Rascall Flatts concert. Preslee just turned 1 last week and has learned to walk. After Todd and Tam left we were having a good time playing with all the toys Todd and Tam brought over. She got scared from me pulling her away from an outlet and I believe some factors of realizing Todd and Tam were gone and her teething didn't help. Little sweetie cried for a bit. We got her to calm down and it was the best cause she let me just hold her and cuddle her. She LOVES James! Kept looking at him till he would look at her and she would mimick whatever he did. She played some more and she finally was getting tired. So I went with her to our bedroom and laid her between myself and a pillow. It was the cutest thing watching her fall asleep. Big teddy bear clutched with one arm, and a little bear pillow with the other. It was so fun to babysit her! We loved having a little one around, but we think our plan of waiting a couple of years is still in strong force!

Saturday morning James played basketball with my brothers and was too wiped out to go on our long run. He probably ran around 2 miles in basketball, it counts! So I met up with his Uncle Mike and his son Clay, and my brother-in-law Brigham. We did 6 miles!! HOLY CRAP! That is the farthest I have EVER ran in my entire existence!! Suprisingly I did pretty well, also considering I hadn't ran in a week and a half. And the fact I felt like passing out when I was driving home. ha ha. I can't wait for the 1/2 marathon! It's going to be so awesome! Just doing that 6 miles on Saturday felt exhilarating!! :)

Sunday I made us such a yummy lunch. I am telling you this due to the fact I made Chicken Parmesan from scratch. It was so easy and so delicous!! I really think the hours of watching the Food Network is rubbing off on me. Then we had a fun family dinner at my parents. It is always nice to get together with family. My parents are so sweet and they do so much. My Mom couldn't decide on what to make for dinner so she made 3 entrees. Funny lady!!

7 comments:

Jade and Michael said...

Lindsay-
Hello! I was talking to Aunt Pauline and Uncle Marv this weekend and they mentioned how cute your blog was and to check it out. They were right! Adorable. It was good seeing you guys the other night...
Jade

LeAnn said...

I could never run 6 miles so that is really impressive to me. Chicken Parmesan sounds yummy, wish I was able to make chicken for us to eat. Sounds like you guys had fun with Preslee, she is so cute.

Tamara Jacobs said...

Cute linds! Thanks again for watching Pres on Friday. You guys are the best! Way to go on running 6 miles! You are going to do so awesome in your race! Let's go to a movie soon. Love ya!
tam

kellie said...

Hey That is so awesome that you ran six miles. I ran five the other night on the tread mill and I couldn't even believe it.


This is going to be so exiting. Looks like you are going to be beating everyone. Where was Raquel and Megan?

Julie said...

I love reading your blog, Linds! You make me laugh. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Oh, and I just love cute Jill! I can totally see her making 3 entrees.

Lindsey said...

Now I see why our moms are friends! I love chicken parmesan - that is one of our favs.

Leah and Mike said...

Wow, I am so proud of you - 1/2 marathon! I'm impressed. I love the food network. I think I just like to look at all that good food and salivate - yum! I want your recipe. Linds, you are so cute. I love looking at your blog. I love how in love you are with you boy. I need to actually meet him sometime (the wedding doesn't really count). We still need to go to lunch - it's been too long!