Sunday, April 6

In His Glory

In His Glory -
Dale Parson
This is my absolute favorite picture of Christ!! A few years ago my Mom and I were looking at pictures and I turned the corner and saw one that was huge hanging on the wall. It took my breath away. It is a picture of Christ that instantly brings warmth to me and it makes me feel like I am in heaven seeing Him for the first time. It was one of the first that Dale Parson had painted so of course it was like $1000. I have been hunting for it since waiting for a print to come out. A few months ago I was telling James about this picture and I was trying to find it again, with no luck. We were over at Cory and Trisha's and Trish hands me a 2007 calendar that she didn't use and asks if I would like any of the pictures to frame or use. Tho and behold there was my picture! I was THRILLED!! After dinner last night my Mom and I found the frame I have had envisioned for the pictures AND she had a 50% off coupon. The picture above is the final product! James did a good job getting all hung for me! I love having this hanging in our home!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Your picture looks beautiful!! I love it...I want one now!
Love ya,
Momma

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

How LUCKY! Obviously you were ment to have that picture. I think all things like that work out for a reason. And of course what a beautiful picture.

Angie said...

Hey it's Angie Haaga. I don't even know how I found your blog but I am glad I did. I hope you guys are doing great. I love your blog you are so good at keeping up with it, I need to work on that.

Julie said...

What an awesome picture! I don't know if I have ever seen this one. YEAH that you found it and I LOVE the frame you used. What a great addition to your home!

Heath said...

Wow, what luck. I wouldn't have thought to use a calendar picture but that looks just great! It's a very beautiful picture I'm glad you were able to get it all put together(for a good price).