This post may upset some people, but frankly this is my blog and I don't care. But I am getting more and more upset at the world and our society. Every morning when James gets out of bed I turn on the TV to watch the news and the Today show. I am AMAZED by how ridiculous society treats all these criminals and idiots, and I am mainly talking about kids!! Case in point 1. Kid throws a butter knife at another kid at a playground and the knife gets stuck IN HIS HEAD in between his skull and skin. Luckily it didn't hit any sort of his brain or skull and he walked away with 5 stitches. What did the father to the hurt son say when they asked if the stupid kid who threw the knife should get punished? I think he should take some therapy classes. WHAT?! EXCUSE ME!!! Stick that kid in an examining room. Put his parents in parenting classes. Why in the world would a kid have a butter knife at a park and why are his parents not taking action. Idiots.
Case in point 2. 3rd graders plot against their teacher to kill her (or hurt her) because she told one kid to stop standing on a chair. They bring duct tape, handcuffs, a dulled steak knife and have a plan to attack her and to block any windows for no one to see. The response to how the kids will be punished... 'Oh they don't know what is going on'. HELLO!! They knew fully what they were doing. You whip their behinds, punish them from school and teach them a lesson. You teach them to respect their elders and if their teacher says, 'Stop standing on the chair', the kid should say 'Yes Ma mm'.
Case in point 3. 8 high school kids set up cameras and each have positions to ruthless beat a fellow classmate unconcious TWICE then drop her at an unknown location and threaten her life if she tells on them. The kids were put in jail on bond, ok... one good step. BUT THEN Dr. Phil's producers bail out the ring leader in the whole situation... the ring leader should stay in jail until the trial and the producers should get apprehended for interveening with a case but nope they 'get reinforced by Dr. Phil's policy'. Idiots.
I am so sick and tired of seeing society let so many people, especially kids, get away with things that are down right WRONG!! What happened to punishing kids when they do wrong? What happened to enforcing right from wrong? Parents don't want to tell their children 'No' cause it's 'harmful to their self esteem'. Well they are harmful to society so you better check what you are doing and change it before we all die from their, and your, stupidity.
I am not sorry for venting. Maybe someone can get in their thick skull that actions need to be taken. A little 'that was not right' does not work anymore in this world. I guess this all is just more of a reinforcement that the world is seeing it's last days. That evil is starting to rule everything around us. It makes me cling to the gospel more than ever. To make sure my family is there righteous and ready to be saved, and not stuck in all the filth that is out there.
1 day ago


13 comments:
Okay creepy some weirdo you don't know is leaving you a comment-I'm Angie's sister-I could not agree More!! I have three small kids, I'm scared to let them go to school from comments I hear from there "friends" and The Teachers aren't "able" to do any discipline!So many parents are lazy!!It is hard to raise good kids- people tell me how lucky I am to have such well behaved kids- I want tell them a thing or two but we still have a long WAY TO GO! Sorry for some odd reason I felt like commenting-YOU will be a good mom!-Jess(you can tell angie I'm a freak if you want hehe)
Amen, sista! ...ps...can i copy this and post it on my blog?!?!
I couldn't agree more, just a couple of weeks ago one of our cousins that is in the 5th grade was telling us how 2 girls pulled on her shirt, stomped on her foot, pulled her hair and twisted her arm over a pack of gum, and the best part is the 3 teachers that were on recess duty were sitting just feet away and didn't do anything about it. They left bruises on her arm and the school said they couldn't do anything about it because it wasn't reported when it happened. How stupid is that?
I heard about that with the kids who recorded themselves beating up their "friend". I was just as disgusted when I heard they were now out on bail. Uh, hello??! Do you know the meaning of enabling, people?!?! Give these kids some consequences!
You are so right!! Parents are letting there kids get away with everything! It scares me to dealth! I'm going to be scared when jerzi and ileina go to school!! :(
I think you have a point, kids need consequences (but I would argue non-physical consequences), however I don't think society's problems with children acting out dangerously can be summed up to just that. I think it goes deeper, such as, are parents abusive to their own kids? (not always the case but there can be a correlation) and are they being neglected? I'm sure there are other reasons as well. I think a better solution then coming up with punishments for their behavior would be to step back and look at what would make a child act out so violently. And then work at that problem. Interesting thoughts though...I refuse to watch those kind of news programs because I don't think those stories really qualify as news. I listen to NPR who reports the news (not just stories for shock value), they create a great dialogue about issues and positive things as well, it leaves me with a hopeful outlook on humanity.
I agree! Working in a day care I see it first hand way to often! And it terrifies me that my kids have to grow up in this world!
Working with kids everyday really has opened my eyes to how important it is to follow through with consequences. When a child makes a bad choice you have to show them that there is a bad consequence! I can't tell you how many little 2nd graders I've made cry, or who have been upset with me when I've punished them. But they get over it so quick! With every student I've ever disciplined I've gotten a hug and a big smile from them at the end of the day. The truth is, kids respect and love you more if you follow through with what is best for them. I can't tell you how many kids give me more respect than their own parents! I completely agree with you Linds! If we don't intervene now, when these kids are young and still teachable, then they will continue down a path that will lead to even worse consequences in their future! Sorry this comment is so long! It does feel good to vent doesn't it?
Lins- YOU ARE THE BEST! I agree with you whole-heartedly. My view is that many of the problems of the world come down to accountability...or lack of. These children and their parents aren't taking accountability for their choices. Children are always told "YES", "everyone is equal no matter your efforts", "they've had a rough childhood"! It seems these days kids are given way too many "benefit of the doubts" rather than true blue consequences and resposibilities. Great Post...I could go on forever agreeing with you!
Totally agree! I cannot believe what kids think they can get away with these days! Did you hear about the prank those kids pulled up at the 7 Eleven up on 94th?
Crazy!
As a teacher, I would say you hit is spot-on. There is so much negative behavior going on everyday and when parents are approached about it they give excuse after excuse. I've heard all sorts of things like "He was tired". Umm, so was I but I don't get to act however I want. Anyway, I agree with your friend who says they do respect you more when you give them consequences. Kids actually want boundaries and many parents don't give them, so kids are totally unprepared for real life where they don't get to do whatever they feel like, whenever they feel like. That's a huge reason I'm quitting teaching. I want to make sure I am the one teaching my children the values I see missing in many of my students. It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels like this! Maybe there is some hope.
Good luck tomorrow! I am sending good thoughts your way!
Kristen
PS I totally agree with this post! People are stupid!
Couldn't agree with you more, it makes me sick to my stomach to think Cohen will someday be going to school with kids like this and parents like that. It terrifies me, sometimes I think I will just do homeschool hehe!! Honestly though someone should give those girls a beatdown if the parents are to stupid to discipline them
Post a Comment