Monday, April 14

Run Forrest Run

Saturday is the big 1/2 maraton day, and I have never been so NERVOUS in my life. I have been trying hard to stick to a training schedule but I am not going to lie, it's hard to get out there nights after work and go running, especially with this spastic weather we have. My in-law family have been running, sweating, and bragging over the training we have done and more importantly routing each other on. It's been so fun running with James and trying something together. We did a good 6 mile run on Saturday with a marathon training coach and I feel more confident than ever for Saturday. I am counting on my adrenaline helping me out. My adrenaline always helps me at dance competitions, so it shouldn't fail me now!! I can't wait to cross that finish line, I will be SO HAPPY!!

The crazier part about this all... I have a clogging competition on Saturday at Brighton High. I really need to compete my freestyle to be able to qualify for Nationals in May. You guessed it - I am going to compete after I run a 1/2 marathon that morning. I know my Mom is going to call and lots of people are going to advise to 'take it easy', but really I don't want to. I want to compete in May and the only way is to compete on Saturday. If I don't place, that's ok. As long as I get my butt on that stage and try, hey I am good to go. What better Saturday could I ask for... run my first 1/2 marathon, compete in clogging, and have a BBQ with family.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Good luck with your run and the competition. I know you'll be able to do the competition, but you will be SORE!!! I've run 3 half's and even well trained I'm never quite prepared for how my body feels afterward. I'll pray for good weather for you!

LeAnn said...

Wow, thats a lot for one day, but I know you will do great at both. I am going to try that recipe tonight when I get home, it sounds yummy.

MEGAN said...

Good luck on Saturday! How fun. I was soooo sore after running a half-marathon. I could barely walk. :)

Megan

Kell said...

I want to come watch this clogging competition! Give me details girl! Please :)

Carly said...

eh...there's time to take it easy later! go get 'em, linds! (like i have any room to talk...)

Burt Bunch said...

Way to go, Linds! I am so excited I get to run with you this Saturday, and I hope your adrenaline rubs off on me too! You are an awesome little trooper to do both on Saturday, you will do great in 'em all!!!

Heath said...

I am really impressed. Let me know how it goes...in fact have your husband take some mad pictures and then do a post on the run. I'd really love to hear about it. I have a triathlon in May but I would like to do a 1/2 mar. because I hate swimming and biking is only so/so but I love to run. Good Luck.

P.S. do they let you use MP3's?