Monday, April 21

We did it!

James and I running at mile 8
Saturday was our big 1/2 marathon day! I was so nervous and James was calm and collected! James and I picked up Kellie, Megan, and Trevor and headed off to Salt Lake at 5:45am. We parked across from Trax and it was only supposed to take 20 min, but for some reason it took 35min. As we arrived at Legacy Bridge the shotgun had started and the mob of people started the course. It was so cool to watch! We hustled off the Trax and started on the course.
We stopped for a break at mile 8 to say hi to my parents!
It's so nice because you wear this 'chip' on your shoe so it times you when you cross the start and finish and not when the shot gun goes off. Kellie, Trevor, and Meg started at a faster pace so James and I kept our own.My Mom with her sign and cheering on Meg and Kellie
It was so fun to run together and watch all the people. We made it to aid station #2 were all of James' family was to pass out water and Gatorade. We were doing really good and it helped to see my parents at mile 8, and my Mom jumping up and down with a big sign saying 'Run Forrest Run'. Fitting with our last name and the event, don't you think?! I hit a wall at mile 9 and wanted to stop, but James helped me pull through the wall and even picked up our pace. We caught up to Kellie and Megan at mile 10 and finished the race with them. It was so cool running on State St and having the cops stop cars for us! While we were running some police motorcycles drove past and following were the 3 winners of the full marathon, running past us! Pretty cool to see them, but kept telling ourselves we were doing good for us! The best part was a lady cheering saying '1/2 mile to go'. We rounded the corner of Gateway and I got a bolt of energy and started sprinting. I crossed the finish line at 2 hours and 20 minutes and 37 seconds! James finished first of all our family at 2:20:21. He was incredible!! Everyone had been teasing James cause he still drinks his soda and hasn't trained as much as the rest of the family, and he beat everyone! That's my man!!
James almost to the finish line
Lindsey almost to the finish line
The entire family did so awesome! We all finished under 3 hours!! Gary, James' brother, was the leader to get us all doing this 1/2 marathon and sadly he got a stress fracture in his foot last week. But we was able to ride the bike and did really great! Kim and Ryan also ran it, too bad she did INCREDIBLE and we never caught up to them. They ran it in under 2 hours! We loved having Kim on the 'Run Forrest Run' team, hope she is up to be on our team again next year.My sexy runner husband and me after the raceWe finished together: James, Kellie, and LindsThe runners: Isabel (who did excellent in the 1k), Kellie, me, James, Raquel, and BrighamLucy, Gary, Isabel, Kellie, Brigham, Raquel, me, and JamesBrigham almost to the finish line
And sadly I did not make it to my clogging competition. I was really nauseated for the entire afternoon and knew I wouldn't be able to stand straight for awhile, let alone clog my heart out.

18 comments:

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

YOU ROCK, that's awesome Linds! I hate running more than anyting. And can I just tell you how AMAZING you look!! You are my Hero!

Carly said...

congrats! you look great!

Jess and Joe said...

I am so impressed!! You did amazing and you look fantastic!! Congrats to both of you. What an accomplishment! I thought about a few times on Sat morning and wondered how you were doing. =]

The Gibson's said...

Good Job Lady! I would have never done it. I hate running!!!!!!!!!!! I am proud of you though and I missed ya at the comp. love ya

Stacy said...

I was thinking about you on Saturday! I am glad you finished, and had a time you wanted! Did you end up doing your clogging thing that same day? Hopefully you didn't kill yourself!

LeAnn said...

Congratulations, that is awesome. I thought about you on Saturday and was wondering how you did. You are amazing, I could never run for that long or that far, you go girl!

Julie said...

Lindsey I am so jealous of your motivation!! I would say I am going to run, and then I would once and quit! Congrats!!!

Karlee Turner said...

Well done! That is so impressive Linds! I absolutely love running and the feeling after a good run, but I can't say that I would ever do a 1/2 marathon again :) You're awesome!

Jen said...

I am so impressed Linds! You look amazing. I am still working on getting back into shape after Wade. Congrats on such a great acheivement!

Angi Gerrie said...

That is so awesome! I don't think I could ever do that. Good job. Your parents are so cute with their little sign. I love your family! You look hot in your running gear!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Wow, what great time! Congrats. You guys are inspiring. I might just go run a mile... hahaha.

Steffani Dastrup said...

Linds, you are such a hottie! You look FABULOUS! I'm so impressed with your running skills too! I started training for a 1/2 marathon when I got home from New Zealand, but got distracted with the whole marriage and baby thing. You give me such motivation! What training schedule did you follow? I would love to get started myself!

kellie said...

YEah, what training schedule did you follow?

Whoo-hoo! We are awesome!!! Hey, remember when we ran the SLC half? That was awesome.

Kimbo said...

Linds, you are awesome and I totally top what everyone else says...you look great! I wish I could wear spandex and get away with looking that cute!!! I really regret that we didn't even get to see each other, it was so much fun running it. I planned coming and finding you after, but well, you know what was going on the rest of the day and lets just say I had to hurry home! Thanks for letting me sign up with your team, we'll need to do some type of race again, but together this time!!!

ps I love all the cute pics!

Julie said...

Totally impressed, Linds! This makes me want to really start running. I think you're the cutest little thing out there...I guess that's the result of lots of running. Great pics. I love that your cute mom came to cheer you guys on.

Heath said...

WAY TO GO!~!! I am super impressed. Good time too! It really looks like a good time. I'm glad all went well and you succeeded on that accomplishment! Now up to Lone Peak, right?

sTaCiE said...

Thats so sweet!! Look at your cute tiny body!! You look great!!

Alyssa said...

Go you Linds! You are amazing. That is so awesome.