Monday, June 16

Cinna...NOT!

So as my earlier post of making those oh so delicious cinnamon rolls for my family, I decided to make them for the Forrest family for Father's Day.

Just call me the grim reaper of yeast.

12 comments:

LeAnn said...

I completely understand. I like to make rolls, sometimes I can make them without having to try over and over with the yeast, other times I try like 20 times and kill it every time, you just never know what you are going to get with me.

Jill said...

No worries! We'll work on it together and perfect those babies! I tasted the first ones and ohhhh...wow....they were good!!
With cinnamon, sugar and brown sugar, you can't go wrong!
Love ya lots!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Oh, you poor girl. I guarantee mine would turn out the same. That's why I stay away from baking with yeast=). Maybe we should start a "Yeast" support group... actually we should change the name, though. Some people may get the wrong impression=).

Jennifer Phillips said...

hahahaha that is so funny that is totally something I would do hence the reason I don't really cook that much

Jenny Alama said...

that is so great! i'm sorry they didn't work out... but when they do there aren't many other things better than a yummy cinnamon roll. mmmmm :)

Andres Bosque said...

so glad you didn't bring those to the party.... only kidding! My kitchen never looks that clean after I cook.

Burt Bunch said...

Oh, Linds! I had a similar experience making cinnamon rolls from scratch. My mom makes them perfectly and it looks so easy, but I learned it's one of those foods that's a lot harder to master and it just take practice over time! It sounds like the ones for your family turned out great!

kellie said...

Oh sad!

Kristen said...

I used to kill all yeast products, and I just committed some time to bake and not plan on eating them after...I finally got it figured out. I am still working on my moms roll recipe, but I have the bread down. I even gave it to some neighbors lately.
Best of luck to Shane and Meri. I'll keep my ears open.

Our Fun Times said...

Martha Stuart...or is it Stewart..I don't know, but now you might need to adopt the name! :) Love ya girl, and great job representing your domestic skills!

Heath said...

Tricky ones when you work with yeast! I've done that two or three times so you're not alone. The real question is...how did they taste?

Leah and Mike said...

Oops! Sorry about that, Linds. I hate when you put so much time into something and then it doesn't work out...especially when it is something yummy that you are looking forward to eating like cinnamon rolls. Dang!