Thursday, June 12

Shane and Meri

My brother Shane and his wife Meri have been approved to be adoption parents! It has been such a long hard fought battle for over 6 years of trying to figure out how their family would grow. I have never met a couple who has been through more ups and downs of trying to have kids than Shane and Meri, but through all their battles they have had the strongest testimony of faith that I have ever seen. They are such strong examples of what to be during times of pain and suffering. Their dream in life are to be parents and have lots of kiddos and be a big family. They are so incredible and I am so grateful to be apart of their family and to have learned so much through their example. Please keep them in your thoughts because you never know when you can help that certain baby become part of a family they were meant to be with through adoption.
We love you Shane and Meri!!

8 comments:

Angi Gerrie said...

I love that you wrote this! Shane and Meri would definitely be the best parents ever. I can't wait until they get a little bambino- it will happen...

LeAnn said...

I will definately keep them in my thoughts and prayers. I know they will make great parents, hopefully someone will pick them soon. My birthday was yesterday and thank you.

Natalie said...

Wow that's so awesome... congrats to them!

Heath said...

I would love to adopt one day. I think it is such a special way to 'find' a family member that was meant to be with you before you knew it. Does that make sense? I wish them good luck. I'll comment on all the other posts too. Happy pre-father's day, your family (including the sister-in-laws) are so cute. You are lucky to have close (figuratively and physically) family! LOVE YOUR BABY! Maybe I could adopt one too!
I had a friend tell me about the Tree room just the other day! It sounds wonderful! And on the humble note (UFB) I had a huge lesson in humility too when I went to Belize. I'm sending 1/2 of my kids toys to the D.I.

Meredith said...

You are so sweet! Thank you for your kind words, love, and support! I know that God has a plan for us and I am so excited to be a mommy! I love you!

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

You are a good sister, I'm happy for them that they got approved! It is a long and painful process, and I'm happy for them that they will have a family soon. Love ya Linds!

kellie said...

That is so great for Shane and Meri. How exciting!

I just realized that you asked me a bunch of questions on my blog that I never answered. Yes, my sister is moving to CO. She will be about an hour away. But, better than 36, right? I don't know about the 1/2 in August. I am still healing from my stinkin' stress fracture. I get to run finally, but I don't get to do too much, I have to start slower. Sad for me.

We love you guys. We will call you this week.

Jill said...

Hey, anyone reading Lindsey's blog, please pass this Adoption info along, because that's how it works now. Networking and finding a mother who would like to place her baby with a "wonderful" couple!
The cutest couple on the planet, actually! No bias here!
Just an intested mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother!!