Tuesday, July 1

You know what... life is good!

Our weekend was great! I got to enjoy time with my good friends Jen and Meg Johnson on Friday night. I bawled through the movie, P.S. I Love You. Superb movie. And Saturday James' sister, Megan, and I layed by the pool all afternoon. It sure was glorious!

The fellas - Paul, James, and Cooper

James had an awesome time down in the land of sun and bright lights. They enjoyed nice meals, laying by the pool, roller coasters, and taking pictures of themselves. I am glad they had such a good time. But it's nice to have him home again.

Sunday when James was dropping the fellas off at Paul's house he left the car on and ran inside to grab his sunglasses. Our Honda is a manual. Well the emergency brake was not pulled up all the way and when he came out our car had rolled from Paul's house at the top of the circle down into the neighbors fence and yard. It did quite a number on our car, and the driver door was still open so poor ol blue is now in the shop. Accidents happen and it seriously could have happened to anyone, I am just suprised it didn't happen to me first! You know when you pull that e-brake and sometimes its feels like it is locked in place, but it's not. Just imagine it from the fence guys point of view... sitting at the dinner table on a Sunday evening with your family and a car comes crashing through your fence. ha ha. Ah... the good times of life are upon us! I am just glad James is safe and unharmed, except his nice sunburn from Vegas. Wowie wooya, poor guy!

Backside bumper and side rail ascew

The fence and patio stairs that were hit

The sagging muffler and notice it's jammed up into the bumper. It's actually quite a blessing because I bought the car used with an after market muffler, so now I wont be looked at like I am a Honda race gang wannabe.

10 comments:

Nikki said...

Scary!!!! I had a car roll down my moms driveway once , and into the street. It stopped before it hit anything. Tell James GOOD JOB!!!

Karlee Turner said...

Oh sad! I did that to my brother's mustang in high school..yea he was not so happy! I'm glad you had such a good weekend! Girl time is a must! I just love reading your blog also..your great!

Krista said...

Oh no! I'm glad everyone is ok! When my mom was living with us she managed to damage all our vehicles: she backed my car into our trailer and then backed her car into Doug's truck! I'm glad we can laugh about it now!

P.S. - I love p.s. I love you. I balled through the whole thing!!!

Lacy said...

Hey girl. Sorry to hear about your car and miss girls weekend. I was very sad but Switzerland was calling. You can look through pictures anytime you want! I would be happy to share them with you! Anyway hope all is well! Love ya

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Oh I hate silly car accidents bummer:( By the way, I feel the same about reading your blog. I love seeing how happy you are and how much you love being married. I am just sad I don't live in Utah, I would love to play!

Jenna said...

That is so funny. It sounds like something I would do. Glad you had a fun weekend and good to see you at the shower!

Leah and Mike said...

That is crazy! And a little funny! I'm glad he is okay. What a cute car you have. P.S. I Love You is so sad! I loved it though.

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Oh Linds, changing your background is so easy. I wish I would have done it sooner. On the top left corner of my blog there is a link to a free website. The website is so easy, just pick your background and it tells you EASY step by step instructions (It's pretty much just copy and paste.) Love ya!

Emily said...

Hey Linds -
it was fun to see you at Jen's shower. You look great - and have go to be one of the sweetest gals I know. Love your blog. Emily

The Fergi Fam said...

Haha!! Your story reminds my of when Daniel and I got back from our honeymoon the same thing happened only we didn't know it and they had to tow the car because it was blocking someone else's car in the apartment complex. We thought the car was stolen! We filed a report with the police and everything! We were excited that someone stole it because it was VERY OLD! but no such luck. ANyways glad everyone's ok!