Friday, September 5

Dream a little dream of me

Now that I guess I am considered an adult (which I really don't consider myself one) I often look back upon where I have been, where I am, and where I want to be. I screwed around in college a lot, and loved every minute. (By screw I mean I had fun and did what I wanted... dirty minds). I always had my plan of getting my Bachelor in Business then becoming a hair dresser. That way I could own my own salon and cut hair. That is my ultimate dream. I should have jumped on the chance when I had it. I instead chose a job and quit school after earning my Associates in Business. I don't necessarily regret choosing my job because I learned a lot and it also helped me see the type of person I never want to become, but I have a slight green envy for those who can cut and color.
I soon will become certifyed to teach Turbo Jam. (aspiring to be like my rockin SIL (sista in law) Tam). Due to our vacation to the Caymans in October I will be MIA for the next training, but you can bet your bottom dolla I will be at the next one. I can't wait to teach and do aerobics! I loved teaching clogging for the few years I did, and I really think Turbo Jam would be just as, if not, more fun!
But here is my real mind wrestling thought I have had for the past couple of years, becoming a photographer. A free lance photographer. Shooting kids, families, friends, things, and places would be so rad. I love looking at photography blogs and I am obsessed with Blush Photography. She is truly amazing! And I stumbled upon this photo blog the other day and I LOVE her work as well! I love photography because it is as if you can capture something so beyond what is there through your lens and wala, something beautiful is born. It just takes a minute, not nine months like a human baby. I wonder if it takes more than having a sweet A camera and eye for it. My best friend Meg took classes so maybe I can swindle some free advice and one day get that awesome camera and show the world how I see it.

10 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

loved your post Linds. I say do it! All of it! Hair school, photography...now if only $$$ weren't an issue huh? I'm so excited that you are doing turbo too. I miss it with all my heart:)

Julie said...

I say follow your dreams now...its harder to do once you have kids. I wish I would have finished school before we got in the kid business. Hopefully one day I'll have the guts to go back!

kellie said...

Those are some good things to shoot for. I, Personally, am excited for the hairdresser part. I really need a good one and you would be fun to talk to during my color. You should wax eyebrows too, I really need that.

Steffani Dastrup said...

I seriously would LOVE to come to one of your Turbo classes when you get certified! Dayna and I used to go to Gold's together all the time but kinda got burnt out with the dance class they offered there! Please let me know when you do it! Plus I'd get to see you! It's been WAY to long!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

I think photography would be way fun, too! You should go for it. You did a great job helping the photographer when he was taking Kipp's picture by his truck up in the mountains, remember=). What the heck ever happened to those!?? Oh yeah, Atlas went out of business.

Carly said...

follow your dreams, girl! what else is there to live for?

Natalie said...

I think you should go with photography! I have always thought that would be fun... but have never actually done it either!

Stacy said...

good for you! way to dream! i love photography too! (i did take those of holly and Josh, they were their "pretend" engagements)

Staci Davies said...

I'm glad I read this post. That Blush site is awesome.I love her style. I absolutely love taking pictures and am "trying" to get in deeper into it myself. So fun! You should do it and if I move back we could go to some workshops together. THat's great you're doing turbo jam! You'll do great at that too

Alex, Chelsea, and Tessa said...

If you start teaching aerobics, I will come. I still have baby weight to lose...after two years.