Thursday, September 4

Keys? What keys?

Living in an apartment in Provo made things really easy by not having a house key. Most of my years down there we had a key pad lock system so all you had to do is remember 5 or so numbers. Even growing up I never had to have a key to get into my house. Having a house key is different for me and so presents my issues with locking myself out of the apartment quite often leaving my trusty keys inside!


This morning was a good morning. Feeling refreshed. Had my usual morning bowl of cereal. Wearing my new hat. Shut the door behind me and go to grab my keys and you guessed it... sitting on our counter. I called the parentals (my Dad made himself a copy for this very reason, I guess he knows his kids better than we think) and no answer. I called the landlord and walked to his house to get his key to get in. He offered me a ride back to the house, which I couldn't stop admiring the sheer quiet of his hybrid. Super cool! Last time I locked myself out I walked a mile or so towards my parents house until they could come pick me up. If I am already loosing my brain, what is going to happen when I get 'pregnancy brain'?!

8 comments:

Angi Gerrie said...

Pregnancy brain is completely awful... plus it doesn't end until your baby in born. I felt like a crazy person all the time. That is funny about locking your keys in- we keep a set for both locks close by... and have had to use them unfortunately. Sorry about your pants... you know- the pee

LeAnn said...

I used to lock myself out of our apartment all the time. There was one time when Jesse asked me if I had my keys because he didn't and I said yes, shut the door and then realized I didn't have them. We had to call the landlord to come let us in. After that, we kept a spare key in our car in the console.

kellie said...

Oh Lindsey, you are so funny. I know how you feel though. The problem is that you add kids to the mix that need stuff and then you really lose it.

Burt Bunch said...

Oh Linds, how funny! I am such a scatter brain and when I am pregnant...oh man! At least you didn't have the habit of locking the keys in the car with the car on, right?!

Krista said...

Oh I am so there- my pregnancy brain hasn't gone away yet. Maybe it starts before. Maybe us women just have too many details to remember...

Ayrion said...

Hey your cute story just reminds me how human we all are....love the story! By the way, pregnancy brain stinks...but soon you realize you've forgoten or lost your part of your brain that cares or evern remembers what pre-pregnancey brain was like...brain farts just become a daily part of life....hmmmm got ta love them!!!

The Jensen's said...

When Eric & I first got married we had dinner at his parents house like every Sunday. I often brought my purse for some odd reason and just as often left it there! In result we were locked out and had to drive all the way back from West Jordan to Sandy! Ha..Ha..

Tamara Jacobs said...

That is so funny linds! It must run in the family to lock keys in houses/cars. Todd is known for doing both:) We locked ourselves out of our house the first week we were here...the locksmith couldn't even get us in! Luckily Todd discovered an unlocked window and got us in. funny!