of trying and not sticking with
my major goal and doing it.
I have been ho-humming around
it all and have been cheating endlessly.
I have a hard time writing this post
due to the publicness of it all,
but I hope that this willl start
helping me heal and help me get over
this hill I have been fighting to climb.
I am not happy about my weight,
nor have I been since early November.
I use to be so good at watching what
I ate and excercising regularly.
It's all gone to dust.
I cheat on snacks and ice cream
and way too many servings.
And I have had enough.
I have had enough of this bad self image
I have put upon myself.
I am sick and tired of not being
happy with my body and my weight.
Will I feel better once I hit my
goal weight? Who knows.
What I do know is I am now committed
to the freaking world I am going to try,
and try HARD!
I am also going to try hard
to think more positively about myself.
I have a husband who loves me for me
and thinks I am wonderful and pretty,
why don't I let myself think that way?
By any means do I believe a person should
be conceeded, no, but I do feel one should
feel happy and good about oneself.
So there you have it,
I am committing to feel better about
myself from the inside and outside.
Sure is going to be one big fight.
And my gloves are up ready to go.


17 comments:
Linds, I am right there with you. Jesse gets upset with me when I say something negative about the way I look. I too wish I could let myself think positive and feel good about myself. That is one of my goals this year.
I understand the whole "not being happy with yourself", but I think you are absolutely gorgeous just the way you are. I hope you find that happy place where you feel healthy and content with your beautiful self! Love you!
This post is actually a really smart thing to do... because now you have given a written obligation to meet your goal and now all of your friends and family are holding you to that goal. We all are rooting for you and want to see you do your best. There are Two Pains In Life.....
I think all women are way to hard on themselves about the way they look! I hate to admit that I am totally one of those people too. I am never going to lose "the baby weight" or ever have the same figure I did when I got married. I just try and tell myself lately life is to short to worry about 10 lbs, have some cake!
I wish I could get up the guts to write this EXACT thing on my blog... maybe is a few weeks. I will just have to know that because of you I am going to enter a race!!! No, not a marathon or half marothon like you- just a 10K to get me started. It is in June and I just started training this week. I ran 2 miles yesterday! Yeah, go me. But seriously- I have always wanted to do it, but up until you started all this talk about your running blog it was way in the future. Thanks for motivating me! Good luck with your goals- I think your gorgeous!
Sorry about all of the typing mistakes- Deakon wanted to help me...
I am right there with you girl. I did so good at the working out thing untill after christmas and i have just gone down hill from there. i will committ with you too right now.
I think we are all too hard on ourselves. You are a beautiful person in every way. I adore you linds. You have done so much for me and you will never know how many times you have lifted my spirits with a kind gesture (like having pizza delivered to my door). thank you for being you. you are beautiful.
If you are unhappy about your weight, I should be HATING mine! You look so great, it's hard to believe you don't LOVE the way you look! Us girls need to stop being SO HARD on ourselves!! GOOD goal!!
Love it! You know I struggle with the same thing and I'm finally feeling like I might actually get to the point where I'm comfortable with myself. The balance between self-control and enjoying life is a hard one. I hope you start feeling better soon. Love ya!
we are our own worst critics! it's hard to love yourself when you know all your imperfections and know exactly what you want to do about it... but money/time won't allow. at least we can be grateful for our good looks! haha! linds you are beautiful! ...also, we want to join you for those long saturday runs when it gets warmer... we're just gonna stick with the tread for now... can't wait to get together!
Hi! I was just browsing through the copple's lists and saw your blog, yay! Send me your email so I can send you an invite to my blog! Miss you! jesikapearce@hotmail.com
I know how you feel, when I get that way I read Isaiah chapter 3 (ok, not really, but it comes to my mind sometimes) and then it puts things into perspective. Seriously, let's go do yoga together, that would be so fun! Maybe a Saturday morning class? And if you haven't been to that studio before, your first class is free.
It's the darn winter. I know that once that sun starts to shine your feet will hit the pavement and you'll have a much easier time "sticking to it". Who doesn't struggle during this time of year? If it's any conselation, I've seen you recently and you look great.
Girl, what are you talking about? You always look good whenever I see you. This is CJ's wife by the way. I did finally end up going to that Yoga class. Too bad I was so late & it wasn't back when you were still going.
Hope you don't mind but I was on Caryn & Ryan's blog & peeked at yours. Ours is set to private but if you send me your email to: diana_mansfield2000@yahoo.com, I will gladly add you on.
Lindsey, I have known you for 15 years and although I have always thought you were beautiful, I am shocked by how stunning you are every time I see you. You are one of these people that gets better as time goes on. It's hard not to be critical when you've been at a lower weight in the past, but you said I'm going to be happy with me and I'm going to meet my goal weight in the same breath. Girl-stick to the first idea. I know it only matters what YOU think, but for what its worth, I seriously was thinking about you yesterday and wishing I looked as great as you all-around.
I so feel you girl. I have always struggled with weight, and I wish that I could get into the thing of actually running. I think I would like it, but I have never really tried it. Any tips as to how to get into it. Well anyways, hope you are doing good.
Post a Comment