Tuesday, March 17

The little joys

When you go on vacation
with others have you ever noticed that
while everyone is getting ready
the questions start to fly:

Why do you do that?
What is up with your hair?
You don't brush your teeth at night?!

And usually this question is always directed towrds me:
What is ALL over your eyelids?

My reply:
Oh that, that's just my mascara.
It's how I do things.

Then I usually always get
a sheer look of disgust/confusion.

But I am now a changed woman!
I learned how to do my mascara on Sunday
without it looking like I painted black
marker all over my lids.
{Glad it only took me 12 years to learn how}

The little joys that make life so good!

8 comments:

Holly Belnap said...

I'm so proud of you! I had that experience of... "what the crap is wrong with your eyes!"

Jenna said...

I'm glad you had a good time in Pocatello. Did you notice how cool all the locals were there?

The Nielsens said...

I want to see them!

Stacey Sargent said...

hahaha this cracked me up. Love it! So glad you shared it!

Lacy said...

I love that I do the same thing. I so get it all over my eyelids. It works so much better!!!

Jennifer Lane said...

When I lived with you fools I got it all over too. Q-tips were essential. But I've come to realize....it's not normal. I've changed my ways :)

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing, I have to clean my eyelids off every time I put mascara on. What am I missing? How can I put make up on normal?!? =)

Natalie said...

Yes, share the secret! I do the same thing!