This caramel popcorn is DREAMY!
My old college roomie's mother is a wiz
in the kitchen. Salsa. Cinnamon Rolls.
Caramel Popcorn.
Everything she touched was gold.
I made this batch for a weekend at
the cabin, but sadly we never made it up.
I came down with a wicked case of
the flu and a migraine.
They had a fabulous time.
{it stays nice and soft FOREVER}
1 cup butter
1 cup Karo syrup
2 cups brown sugar
1 can condensed sweetened milk
1 tsp vanilla
5 bags of popcorn {less buttery popcorn the better}
Directions:
Bring the butter, Karo syrup, and brown sugar to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Add condensed sweetened milk and vanilla.
Stir till combined.
Dump over popcorn and mix.
5 bags of popcorn popped is quite a lot.
So I just use the biggest bowls I can find
and dump and mix until I think it looks good.
P.S. A trick so you don't have kernels in your mixture.
Pop popcorn and pour in bowl. Then remove popcorn
from that bowl and transfer to a bowl you will use
to have the carmel mixture dumped on.
Saves a lot of teeth! :)


2 comments:
i have a name!
That sounds so yummy! We will be having that this weekend!!!
Post a Comment