Wednesday, September 16

Fishermans' Wharf

The parents have been out of town since Thursday and get back from Europe this Thursday night. So since I have had the girls all week, the parents got a babysitter for me on Monday to have a day off.James and I took advantage of the time and went into the city. We haven't even scratched the surface of all the fun things that San Francisco has to offer. We ended up at Fishermans' Wharf. It's so rad to walk along the pier and see all the boats, fresh fruit, and vendors around.
It has a clear view of Alcatraz from one of the piers. We are excited to go on the tour of Alcatraz when James' dad Jerry comes to visit us in October.
The weather in Palo Alto is usually sunny and sits around 75 to 80 degrees. But if you drive into San Fran it is visibly different with the fog. You can tell what I mean with the fog all around Alcatraz in the above picture.


Do any of you have the problem calling it Azkaban from Harry Potter? I remember when my old roommate once told me she wished with all her might she had powers like Harry Potter. So do I. So do I.
The funniest thing are these seals. There are a bunch of docks that all these seals just lay out on. Some seriously funny creatures. Pushing each other off the dock, one scratching its' ear like a dog, and the smell just creeps into your stomach and makes you want to hurl. ha ha. Gotta love sea animals.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Love the pictures!! You two are so cute together! I miss you a ton and a whole bunch and a lot and can't wait to see you!!

Lisa said...

Linds. This looks so fun. I am a little bit jealous. San Fran is one of my favorite places I have ever been. EVER. Take advantage of your time out there! And hang in there with the kiddies!

The Nielsens said...

Am I the roommate that wished I had HP powers? Cause I do!