The parents of the girls I nanny have been gone since Thursday. They get home tomorrow.
Tomorrow.
Tomorrow.
Taking care of kids/teenagers is more difficult than I thought it would be.
I don't really want to have kids anymore.
My Dad reminded me yesterday, "You have them from day one and you love them more than you'll know." I stuck that piece of info in my heart and brain and hope it grows some roots!
Not to mention the fact that I spilled bright pink nail polish all over their white carpet.
The thought didn't even cross my mind I was painting wiggly girls toenails on WHITE carpet.
I have to always learn lessons the hard way.
One of the girls wanted to wash their cat's bed
So I threw it in the wash.
Wash finished and I couldn't see the washing machine any longer.
There was cat hair in every nook and cranny.
I have to always learn lessons the hard way.
My all time most embarrassing, no... MORTIFYING experience happened to me on yesterday.
So embarrassing I can't even post it.
But I want to post it.
Because I know you'll laugh.
And I will laugh.
Then I will cry.
But I think for my self dignity and pride and mostly for the fact I respect my husband and try not to embarrass him I shall not.
Let me just paint the number-by-number and we'll see if you put it together.
I went running.
Stomach felt queasy.
Didn't exactly make it home.
The LONGEST walk of shame in my entire life.
I have to learn lessons the hard way.
AND THAT is why I LOVE MY LIFE.
I love that it is challenging.
I love that I don't always get it, but I know eventually I will.
I love that I have a good husband and good friends and a good family.
I love that I LOVE/am obsessed with blogging... I don't know why my obsession is the way it is. But it helps me feel creative and release all my daily day dreams.
And I also think of a poor sap (that I was once) sitting bored at a desk to have a quick sunshine in their day.
I love that I get to eat Cafe Rio next weekend.
I love that I get to hug my very pregnant seester.
I miss my family.
But I LOVE that Red Mango {I use to be a hater but now I am a lover} is open until 11:30 every night!


5 comments:
I have yet to have a pooping story...but I have heard a ton of them. Thanks for the update...hang in there!
It will get better, it will get easier, it will be better when you have your own kids. I adore you and all your crazy stories!
linds, i'm sure the girls love you, if not already, then they will if they know what's good for them:) loved your post. i always love reading your thoughts and experiences. love ya!
You brighten my day, love and miss ya linds! BTW are you going to be home next weekend?!
Oh Linds! It really is so different when they're your own. It's true! You are such a trooper. I love you!
P.S. I would expect nothing less from you than the experience you had running. But I'm sorry:)
Post a Comment