On Monday before our Fishermans' Wharf adventure I set out on a run, as I was running a cute lady {28} was standing on the corner waving some paper at me. I thought it was some pamphlet but stopped when I noticed it was a map.
She was lost. And boy was she lost. Who better to help than me?! Right! Remember I don't know which way is up here, let alone north. I learn she is from Dubai and is a flight attendant and all she wants is to find the House of Wigs to buy hair extensions. It's a natural request. I had to help the girl out!
After waving some man down who also didn't know the area, walking her the mile home to my house. Having her hang out in our cottage with James and I while I researched this House of Wigs. Drove her around town, gave her a quick tour of Stanford, and then called a taxi my friend was gone.
I know my seester Trish is dying reading this. I bet she just said aloud, "I am going to slap Lindsey when I see her". The day before we moved out here I picked up a hitch hiker and took him to the bus stop. Sometimes I just want to help but my judgement gets clouded on the possibility that said House of Wigs could have been a human butcher shop and the end of Lindsey would have been upon us.
No worries I will be more careful. James sat me down and calmly told me it is probably not the smartest to help out random strangers when I am alone. Tonight we are role playing Stranger Danger. But it sure was an interesting start to a good day! Thank you Dubai friend for being so nice and not killing me.


7 comments:
Hahaha, that is so funny. I am so freaked out by hitch hikers. My boyfriend in high school would pick them up and I made it a rule that he didn't do it with me. I would probably kill them before they got to me. lol, jk. I love reading about your adventures.
My friend Meghan is EXACTLY like you when it comes to her naieve kindness. It's so cute but yes, you want to slap her.
But really I think it's that I am so scared and could never do anything like that. I'm secretly jealous of your kindess and assertive nature.
Thanks for sharing, this story is so cute.
Lindsey....A HITCHHICKER!!!! Remember when you would be so scared to stay at our very safe, cozy, warm, house where we live!!! But now you are not afraid for hitchhickers! Thank you James for sitting her down!
Yes...Dubai, thank you for not killing Lindsey.
Linds your too sweet! Be careful! No more hitch hikers! I'm too scared, if i see one i roll my windows up and lock my doors! :)
haha!!! that is an awesome story. i am very glad to hear you made it out alive and safe. i probably would have helped her too. probably not the hitchhiker though. too scary for me. thats cool she is from dubai. fez is wanting to move there when he finishes school to work for a few years, become rich, then move home... right... its in dubai!!!! i don't think that'll be happening.
I'm laughing so hard about the role playing of Stranger Danger. I seriously can't stop. So, so funny.
Post a Comment