I know some are interested in the story of how us moving to California came to. Read if you would like, it is a wee bit long.
We decided to move out of our basement apartment on Friday July 31 and move upstairs in the same house. I get a call from my dear friend Meg on August 7th (exactly one week from moving upstairs) to see if I can fly out to Palo Alto to interview for the nanny job. Meg had brought the idea up to me earlier that week but both James and I just thought that Cody and Meg loved us enough to have us close to them.I flew out to Palo Alto the next day. I arrived at 1:00pm and met with my employers for over 3 hours. It was one long interview! But definitely great cause we were able to discuss everything and anything. I flew home to Salt Lake the next day, Sunday. They offered me the position before I went home and asked that we tell them if we will do it by Wednesday the 12th and have me start work on August 31st.
We were stressed. Here we just moved upstairs and now possibly moving again; and to another state. Those few days were some of the longest days we have ever experienced! We don't have kids yet, we don't have a house or anything so we decided this adventure would be fun for a year or so.
And now here we are. Living in a quaint little cottage behind their house. I nanny three adorable girls. I wont talk much of the girls or where exactly we live and what not due to wanting to be respectful of the family. But it has been fun.
I have never been so lost in my life. I really think Utah has it down in designing streets and the system. Here it's like "Oh just go to Rengstorff then over to Shoreline and then you'll be there". ha ha. I miss the mountains telling me which way I am going. I use to think people were weird when they said they didn't know which way north was. But sometimes I have no idea if I am going to San Jose or San Francisco. Which is whole other story to come. I tried going to Sacramento (North West of Palo Alto) and ended up in San Francisco (directly North). Story for another time.
While I work, James will be going to school. He is working on his bachelor degree and this opportunity helps him be able to relax and get some schooling done.
We love and miss Utah dearly. We will be back. But for now we will be here enjoying the sweet sounds of birds chirping and watching squirrels bouncing through the yard.


6 comments:
Thanks for that story...I was feeling a little left out on your sudden departure. I know I don't see your for real very often, but I see you as a friend (even though most of our friending is done via cyberspace) and I think about you. Love you! Have a great adventure.
How fun Linds! That is so cool that you guys were so spontaneous! You will definitely not regret it someday when you do have kids! By the way, you are looking so skinny in those jumping pics in your last post! You are adorable!
What a fun adventure and opportunity, Linds! I'm glad I am not the only one feeling a bit lost without our wonderful Utah mountains!:) Miss you!
My mom kind of filled me in on the whole story (she heard it from your mom). That is SO neat! This'll be PERFECT for you both to be TOGETHER and fully rely on each other! I bet the phrase, "Remember when we lived in Palo Alto...." will be frequent as you pass this stage in your life. I'm happy for you 2.
On another note...I heard all about Shane and Meredith's exciting/life altering news and I got choked up telling my husband about it. ...so deserving...so miraculous...so meant to be. ...and the fact that Sam Scott was tied into the miracle is even more heart-warming.
anyhoo...about the bedding. I found it online at Macy's and went in to their store...wasn't there. Talked to the sales girl and it's kind of a fluke that Macy's is selling it, it's only available online. So, I'm going back today for their ONE DAY SALE and that same girl is totally hooking me up with all these different promotions, etc. (very sweet and maybe against company policy) but good because full price it's much more than I was planning on spending on bedding. I've looked for MONTHS...no lie, online and I finally found it! I'm in love, and I also love the fact that I can change out linens and pillows to transform the whole look!
(I'll miss seeing you in Zumba)
Luvs...Heath
That is great Linds! I'm so happy for you! Have fun, and make sure to keep us updated!
Hey Girl I miss you too. ALOT but I hope all is going well. Everytime i think of bunco I get a little sadface knowing you wont be there. You can email me anytime at chelcram@msn.com.
Love your guts and face too :)
Post a Comment