Sunday, October 18

Not quite 10

Meg and I decided to go to the Oakland temple on Saturday since James had to work all day and Cody would be out of town. It took about 40 minutes to get there and the views were breathtaking. As they were checking our recommends the nice fellow and I had this conversation:


Him: Looks like your recommend is expired
Me: I got married in October, no way!
Him: Ya well it says September. Where did you come from?
Me: Utah!
Him: You drove all this way?
Me: Oh right... Palo Alto
Him: Well I am so sorry you had to drive all this way
Me: *chirp* *chirp*

I wasn't a full 10 on the thinking scale yesterday.
And neither was the temple's speed limit sign. 9 1/2 mph... love it! Think if that is how it was on the roads and an officer pulls you over, "So you were going 68 mph and the speed limit is 67 1/2" ha ha.
I was trying to entertain myself for the 2 and some hours Meg would be in the temple. I had a lengthy self timer session when a security guard came over and felt bad for me running back and forth between the camera and the spot in my heels.
Beautiful temple. Pictures don't do it justice. It sits up on the hills in Oakland and you can see all of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge, and all other cities. Gorgeous.
I loved the detail on the temple. Isn't that just awesome? I was reading a plaque about the pioneers who settled San Francisco and it said they came by boat and sailed from New York past Honolulu then over to California. BARF! That is one long journey for 177 days!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love the Oakland temple! You have to make sure you go back lots! And do all of the ordinances. The baptismal font is really cool. That is the only part I have been in, since I was 15 when I lived there. I hear that the chandelier in the celestial room make tinkling sounds that make it really cool. Looks like you are enjoying your time there! And go back during Christmas to see the lights! Nothing is as cool as SL temple but it is still fun.