Monday, October 19

Yummy bummy

You will NOT regret reading this post.

Well unless you are like me and have no self control. Wait that was harsh. I do have a smidgen of self control, that is if I don't start or take a bite or just a 'taste', BUT if any one of those things goes down... it is not pretty.
The best thing about fall is pumpkin. And that you can wear cute jackets. Oh and you can wear cute new fall shoes with jeans. And snuggle. Back to pumpkin... I use to think people were loco {that is Spanish for crazy} wanting pumpkin things. Then I tried pumpkin ice cream that my roomies had. Not too shabby. Add some cinnamon toast crunch on top of ice cream... JACKPOT!

The relief society president came over to welcome me to the ward a few weeks ago and brought with her some homemade pumpkin chocolate chip bread. I kept lying to myself saying James was having some, until he told me he had not and there was only a nibble left. Whoopsie.

On to the yummy bummy part:

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies
{delicious and so great cause they can look awkwardly retarded and they are still cool}

1 small can of canned pumpkin
1 box spice cake mix
chocolate chips

Combine. Cook at 350 for 10 minutes.
From the lovely Tam here

Make them. You and all inhabitants around you will be thoroughly enjoyed and happy and joyful and full.

9 comments:

Jade and Michael said...

My mom makes that recipe too and told it to me last year! They are delicious that way!!! I as well LOVE this time of year!

Natalie said...

It's okay... you don't have to feel bad. I've seen this recipe before and it is low fat! So eat all you want. I will have to try the cinnamon toast crunch with ice cream. Sounds good!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

I'm pretty sure Tam got that recipe from me when we were roomies!!! They are the best!

The Nielsens said...

I love the IMPLIED shout out with the pumkin ice cream and CTC. Love you Linds!

Jennifer Lane said...

You have no idea how much I love ANYTHING pumpkin. Cookies....bread....muffins....pie. I need to come visit ASAP!! No joke. And I think "we" pretty much love anything with cereal.

Kristen said...

Those are actually only 1 point on weight watchers....a family favorite.

mj said...

do you do the eggs and oil and everything for the cake. Sounds good.
I also polish things off and blame Bri. That's what husbands are for!

Heath said...

There's nothing like a quick recipe like this to bring to parties! Here's another to add to your short recipe list.

3 cans of peaches
1 white cake mix
1 cube of butter

9X13 pan add peaches. Pour cake mix on top. Melt butter in microwave. Drizzle on top of cake mix. Cook at 350 for who knows how long?

If you want to get even more fancy you can add cinnamon into the cake mix but that's just too hard sometimes. :)

Luvs...

Amy Chow said...

I LOVE pumpkin chocolate chip anything!! I love your blog!! Looking at it makes me miss you even more.