When is the last time your power went out?
I really can't remember the last time.
I remember blowing fuses and not having power, but today was intense.
Read story here.
It's actually sad.
A plane crashed into a house and a day care unit.
The people in the plane didn't survive.
No one on the ground died.
Made me think of when this happened.
I knew them, not as well as others, but they still touched my life.

This morning I was doing one of my girls hair and the power went out.
I thought it was the house.
I could hear neighbors in the street, 'Is your power out?' 'Me too'
Then people forgot how to drive and it took 15 minutes to go 1/4 of a mile.
I had two of my girls home for the day... one for tonsil surgery yesterday,
and the other for sickness.
Both excited to relax and watch movies and be doted on by muah.
But 10:00am rolled around. Then 11. 12. 1. and 2.
We get an update from a friend that power will be on at 5:30pm.
Really there is so much conversation, reading, and relaxing you can do.
We got bored.
The craziest part about it all?!
The things you forget you can't do...
- Curl your hair.
- Open your fridge {hi... we like fresh food, not rotten}
- Oven, Stove, Toaster
- Washer/Dryer
- Water heater
- Internet
- TV
So we pulled out the puzzle.
A 500 piece. dragon. glow in the dark puzzle.
And guess who has the anxiety and obsession over said puzzle?
Me.
It's a bit embarrassing.
Especially when one of the sick girls comes and rubs my shoulders saying 'You look stressed' and it's over a freaking puzzle.
Power outages do things to people,
and today I enjoyed being pioneer{ish}.


6 comments:
That is so crazy. I can't believe how long you didn't have power. Oh the things we take for granted. I was just talking to a friend yesterday and we were wondering how we ever survived without the internet. It's a life line and I admit some days I spend WAY too much time on it, but oh how I LOVE it. Glad you survived the day without it. My kids love puzzles, maybe we'll get some out today and pretend we don't have power!! XOXO
We went without power 2 weeks before christmas, but just for a few hours. We couldn't see where we were going in the, we were outside when power went out so we had to go in to find the flashlights. I kept trying to turn the bathroom light on and we cuddles up under blankets to get warm, we were outside having a snowball fight and building a snowman. It was fun, but I would rather the power go out when it isn't as cold outside.
I love your new blog look! That's crazy about the power outage. At least you aren't in Utah and it's a little bit warmer. I can't imagine having to go without all the things that require electricity. You'd definitely have to get creative!
You don't realize how much you rely on modern comforts until they're GONE-ZO...I know I'd have certain anxieties too!
Hi Lindsey,
I have to ask, who gave you your blog makeover. it's so simple & cute. I hope you don't mind I peek at your blog from time to time & noticed the change today.
DI!! Holy crap, how are you and your family?! I love that you still look. I wish I could look at yours!! How is Hawaii? How is your sweet girl? Tell CJ hi!
My friend Jennie fixed things for me on my blog. Her blog address is phillpills.blogspot.com. If you comment she can help you out.
Post a Comment