Monday, July 12

Alcitraz

We went with my parentals to Alcitraz.

Yes, I said Alcitraz.
It's cool to say it like that.
Even though it's our third time going, we still friggin love it!
Seriously if you ever go to San Francisco on any sort of trip
YOU MUST GO.
It is worth the $26. Seriously it is.
Obviously we have done it three times.
The parentals loved it too.
As you can see it was a beautiful foggy San Fran morning.
But the best part about this tour....
Frank Heaney.
This dude was a prisoner guard for a number of years at Alcitraz!
He wrote a book and we had him sign it.
He said the guards where transfered shifts every 3 months.
The worst post was the midnight one on the docks.
If you fell asleep you're fired.
James and I were super stoked.
It's not every day you actually meet someone who lived
and worked on the rock.
I guess third time is the charm!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Fun to see pics of your family...I love running into your mom.

Lauren Ricci said...

I love Alcitraz. I was especially intrigued about the jail break and how much energy and time was spent making tools and hiding it from the guards. Glad you had a good visit with your parents!

Miss J. said...

That's so cool! I went last summer and got to meet a man that was in prison there for 3 years before they closed down the prison. He had written a book, too, and I got him to sign it for my dad for his birthday. Meeting a guard would have been so neat!