Friday, September 3

Yesterday

Was four years since Jackie has been gone.

Family sent James this photo of how beautiful
her graveside looked yesterday.
I heard a new story about her the other day that I loved.
It was when they were living in Zimbabwe and the africans just
got granted equal rights.
Jackie was in line to get food to go and an African lady cut in front of her.
Jackie asked her to move back in line,
and the African said, "I have equal rights as you!"
Equal rights sure... but you don't cut in line.
So Jackie kept standing her ground in this Chinese restaurant.
It was finally solved when Jerry walked in with his police officer gear on.
But I loved hearing that story depicting the fire Jackie had.

She's a wonderful lady.
I feel like I know her, and even though I never met her I love her.
She raised my amazing husband.

We love you Jackie!

1 comment:

Jade and Michael said...

Such a sweet blog about Jackie. I remember growing up hearing so many stories about her from my Grandmother and since she was the older niece, they always had stories about her.