You know that feeling of feeling broken?I let the race break me.
And the part that kills me is I think it broke me
even before I started running.
I've been a little prideful on what time I got,
but why?
I finished! That's what matters.
That's what should matter.
But I still wanted to get a better time.
That's in the past. I have to make it.
Yesterday it finally hit me.
I'm not broken.
I'm done not pushing myself as hard as I can physically
because I am afraid of getting hurt.
I feel invigorated and ready to try new excercises
and improve my running.
I'm a running addict now and I want to get better,
whether it be in speed or endurance.
That marathon was so awesome.
I can't wait to do more races until then
and kick the trash out of the marathon next year!


5 comments:
you're amazing linds!
it's so neat that you ran a freaking marathon!!!
i love ya and miss you!
xoxo
tam
I have a tendency to do that as well- if I get a worse time in a race then I did the year before. But I have to remind myself that it's a huge accomplishment in and of itself! You did great- don't worry about your time. The goal was to finish then you can get competitive once you know you can do it :)
I know you "know" this already, but you FINISHED without further injuring yourself. It's no good to push it so hard you make it so you can't run anymore. It'll come. You AREN'T broken. You are awesome. Thanks for being my motivation.
Good Job Linds!!!!!
All I can say is, you are freakin superwoman! You should be dang proud that you FINISHED a marathon! Not many people can say they have done that. You go girl!
Post a Comment