Thursday, October 21

Run Forrest Run

Have you ever seen Forrest Gump?

Well it's cool.
But even cooler is the fact my last name is Forrest.
So when we do races we can say 'Run Forrest Run'
people think we are just funny,
but really we are just cheering ourselves on!
{After I ran 26.2 miles. WHAT! Booyah!}
My parents are awesome race supporters.
They drove down to St. George to be there for me.
And the orange signs were the best part about running.
You could see those suckers a mile away.
My Dad and the signs at mile 16.
Did he coordinate the signs and his shirt?
Either way... way to go Dad!
Action shot of Kellie and I running,
WITH my Mom and the signs in the background.
She is so funny.
She also got in the Salt Lake Tribune our first race with her signs.
Maybe one day she'll make you a sign.
If you're lucky.
And this shot just makes me laugh.
I was crying.
Like the ugly face crying kind of crying.
Kellie was ahead of me but waited for me with my parents at mile 16.
And my emotions just flooded out.
Tender and totally awesome of her.
I am just glad my Dad captured this moment.
I really can't stop laughing at my ugly cry face.

Anyway go run a marathon.
It's freaking awesome!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I love your parents, and those signs are just awesome.

Joni and Rico Adams said...

You're amazing. Even though I have said I don't ever want to run a marathon.... well this makes me think differently. Seriously. Except for the crying picture. That just scares me. And it did make me laugh a little bit. But only because you laughed first ;)