Sunday, December 12

Crafty

I have always wished to be more creative.
I once learned how to make pillow cases and thought it was so cool.

I made them for all my friends for Christmas.
I started laughing the other day thinking about that.
It's not like they were silk or anything, just a flannel pillowcase.
Freak, you want one? I'll make you one.
Just buy me a sewing machine. :)



















I found this new blog the other day.
It's super cute and she is from San Francisco. Two thumbs up right there!
She posted this post on how to make these adorable felt ornaments.
Are they not to die for?

So I decided I want to make them.
{Side note: Family if you receive these for Christmas act surprised. Thanks}
Since I don't own a sewing machine {see above note if you want to help}
I am going to attempt these with my own trusty hand and a needle.
If they turn out freaking awesome, I will share.
If they don't, I will still probably share.
For if we don't know the bitter we shall not know the sweet.
{Scripture reference since it's Sunday and all. D&C 29:39}

I have also committed to learn how to crochet.
My amazingly talented SIL inspired me.
Seriously she says, no... thinks she wants to do something,
and BAM there it is, done perfectly!
She decided she wanted to learn to crochet and then she
just whipped up these hats for her kiddos.
Talent. Pure talent.

Oh and I practiced some chords on the harmonica.
It's fun. I can't wait until I get a song down.
Parties will never be the same!

Back to being creative.
I seriously bow down to people with creative souls.
I think it's incredibly awesome and hope maybe it will rub off on me.
Hey miracles happen every day!

P.S. 13 days until Christmas. Getting so close!

4 comments:

Jenny Alama said...

i stalk craft blogs almost daily. and envy them even more often. maybe one day the craftiness will rub off on me too and we can be crafty together when you move back to utah.

Misses Barlow said...

so cute! i really wish i had that type of creativity... unfortunately my mom kept all of it. i didn't get any of her creativeness :(

Tamara Jacobs said...

thank you linds.
you are sooo sweet.
i just love you.
those ornaments are sooo cute!
happy crafting!

Scott & Annie said...

Hey don't knock the pillowcase...I used it until I wore a hole in it, which was AFTER I was married. So thank you:)