I can't put a book down if I start reading it.
It's awesome yet sometimes annoying at the same time.
I just get so involved in my book that nothing else matters.
Like when I was finishing a series and one of my nanny girls kept asking me questions.
I had to politely tell her that I loved her and would give her 100% of my attention
but right now all that matters is the ending of my book.
My Mom gave me this book a few years ago on my birthday.
{Speaking of... my birthday is a week from tomorrow. BOOYAH!!}
I thought for sure I had read it, and didn't really like it.
But my friend Bree and I like to read books together.
We'll text and call each other and it's like our own little book club.
It's funny I don't have more blonde moments in my life.
I have never read this book, but am so freaking glad I finally did!!
It's incredible. Amazing. Inspiring.
I couldn't put it down. I didn't want it to end.
When I finished it, I started it again.
So scholarly of me, don't you think?!
I always thought people that finished a book then started again were crazy.
I guess I am now one of those crazies.
But I love the story. I love how she describes life and isn't afraid to be so honest.
I'm always afraid to be completely honest in my journal for fear of someone reading it.
Now, later in life, or when I am dead.
And I wish I lived back then when they had those big dresses and life was more simple.
I even talked like her by accident one night and
asked James if I could "fix him some dinner".
Please go get this book for your summer reading.
Freak, I will let you borrow my copy if you want.


2 comments:
I haven't read this book for a few years, but it's one of my favorites! Maybe I'll read it again this summer!
I love that book - I have had the same thought of worrying about people reading my journal later in life. But then I decided I'll probably be dead so what do I care? Ha, ha.
Post a Comment