Do you do text lingo?
I don't.
It's fine if you do, but it drives me crazy.
Especially when people use it while talking.
"OMG LOL!" {I hear this way too many times a day}
I swear we are all becoming slightly more stupid.
But if you use it I don't think your stupid, maybe you like to be hip.
Don't be offended.
I'm probably digging my own grave saying all this.
The other day on my birthday my Mom sent a mass text about my birthday.
At the end of it she put 'LOL'.
What's so funny about my birthday?!
She says she thought it was Lots of Love.
Can text lingo really have many meanings?
I thought it was supposed to be simple.
The best is when my Dad said he thought LOL should mean 'Lots of Losers'.
I wont ever look at LOL the same.


7 comments:
I don't use text lingo either, I would rather just type it out. I like your dad's meaning of LOL though.
Well....LOL to you on your Blog post....and LOL to you cause I love you lots...oh I'm not suppose to also say the words. It does get confusing! But I will always try and stay up with the crowd!! You know....it's the high school in me! LOL!
Oh boy you make me laugh. I think all of it is making us stupid too. I hate when total LDS people write OMG on Facebook. Just because you write it and not say it doesn't make it any better...and it doesn't mean 'oh my gosh' even if you want it to. Hope that doesn't offend any one. Oh and one more thing I hate LOL. Whether it's written or said. I've never used it and it doesn't make me laugh out loud. Sorry for my rant. Love ya.
I'm right there with you. I despise any sort of shortening of words...it's the teacher in me. Hey, hope you had an awesome birthday and I would LOVE to see you in August.
My aunts Mother in Law has a facebook account. She was reading one day and saw that one of her friends Mother's had passed away. She commented saying "LOL" (Thinking just like your mom it meant "Lots of Love".) HA! funny how things can be badly miscommunicated when your taking the short cuts of text and type! She probably should have called. :)
I think the worst part is the next generation. My mom teaches 7th grade. Kids cannot even write out the word to, too, or two. It is alway "2." One of her rules for her students to go to the bathroom is that they can tell time. Yes tell time on a hand clock. At the end of last year I was in her room and one of her students still couldn't tell time. They don't seem to learn because they can just look at their cell phones. Its really sad.
I HATE IT! The YW in my ward have a ridiculous habit of not only shortening most common phrases, but also adding extra letters to things (for example: "Ok/Okay" becomes "Okk/Okayy"). WHAT IS THAT ABOUT?!?!? Stupider by the moment, I tell you!
Post a Comment