Thursday, August 4

Golden Gate day


I had a fun adventure the other day.
I drove up to the city and explored the Golden Gate bridge.
I felt funny driving up to the city in my long jeans and sweatshirt
on a Summer day in August.
But once you live here you realize no matter how warm it is where you live,
once you arrive in the city you are going to freeze your brain solid.
Such an odd thing.
I lucked out with having a gorgeous day at the bridge.
No fog or clouds and one beautiful blue sky.


















I am falling more and more in love with this city,
and especially the Golden Gate bridge every time I go there.
There was one hippie dude with his dog walking around
yelling, "You think this bridge is great? Something man made?
Why don't you look at what God has done. Like go to Utah."
Irionic and funny. But he was nuts. No shoes walking around in the city.
Pretty freak nasty.














I took a picture for a lady on the bridge and
she posed as if she didn't know her picture was being taken.
And then I told her she had a piece of lettuce in her teeth.
I saw a lady today while running with her zipper down.
I wanted to tell her, but I figured that would be awkward for both parties.
"Excuse me stranger, I noticed your fly is down."


















{Beautiful picture, eh?! I love the reflection of the bridge wires on the water.}
And also on my run today I was stopped by an Asian man riding his bicycle,
who was lost, and didn't speak a lick of English.
I tried showing him a map and directing him where he to go,
but that poor soul is probably still riding his bike around town.
The city is amazing, the bridge is so cool, and I love everything about the bay area.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I was actually just there on Monday! It was awesome but I also couldn't believe how COLD it was... and I did not dress for it. But that city is awesome! I just moved to Turlock about 2 hours south of San Fran :)