I am so proud to be a woman.
My famous phrase with my nanny girls is "be a lady"
So much of being a lady or men being gentlemen
has been lost in society. I think it's really sad.
I understand equality and all that jazz,
but I truly think it's so important to be a strong lady who is respectful and upstanding.
Of course there are the silly moments or times you let loose.
It's enjoying life but being upstanding while you do it.
I love being a woman and I look forward to the day I get to raise children
and teach them the importance of being respectful and upstanding.
Until then I am going to keep striving everyday to be better and stronger.
I loved this quote from church today and it made me think of exactly what I am talking about.
Women of God can never be like women of the world.
The world has enough women who are tough;
we need women who are tender.
There are enough women who are course;
We need women who are kind.
There are enough women who are rude;
We need women who are refined.
We have enough women of fame and fortune;
We need more women of faith.
We have enough greed; we need more goodness.
We have enough vanity; we need more virtue.
We have enough popularity; we need more purity.
- Margaret D. Nadauld, "The Joy of Womanhood," Ensign, Nov.2000
1 day ago


2 comments:
i completely agree with you linds! i love that quote too.
you're amazing.
love ya!
You tell it, sista!! Funny you have the Kardashians right under this post..
Hope all is going well in Cali. Love ya!!
Post a Comment