Wednesday, March 7

Be careful what you pray for


I remember being a little girl and my Dad talking about prayer.
He said be careful what you pray for.
He had been praying for a better situation with his work,
and actually got laid off.
Essentially things did get better for him,
but sometimes our prayers aren't always answered in the way we want them to.













I believe strongly in prayer.
I know it's a powerful tool and I know God listens.
On Friday morning I was praying for help to make me a stronger person.
Then Friday afternoon some heart breaking news was given to me.
Some harsh and hurtful words were being said about me behind my back.
I've had a hard time trying to get over it these past few days.
Last night I finally had a moment where I decided enough is enough.
I will not confront this person about what was said,
but I decided to forgive them.
They may feel the way they do but I can't change that.
I can only change myself.
I do want to become a stronger person and the Lord wanted me to learn this lesson.
It's not easy because what was said is the rudest thing I have heard said about me.
Even though what's done is done it instills in me even more
that speaking kind words to each other and about others is so important.
I don't get why it's hard for people to be kind and loving.
My prayer sent me through a whirl wind, but I'm back on my feet stronger than before.
Prayers are truly answered.

5 comments:

LeAnn said...

I'm sorry someone said something so harsh about you. I just can't imagine someone having anything bad to say about you. You are one of the most kind, loving and upbeat people I know.

Jennifer Lane said...

I agree with Leann! And probably like the rest of your readers I'm dying to know what was said. They obviously have their own issues and insecurities. You're amazing Linds.

Nikki said...

I love you Linds!!!!!! You are amazing and NEVER forget that!!!!

Erica said...

I can't think of a single bad thing anyone could ever say about my wonderful, amazing, beautiful friend. You are totally perfect in my eyes and the fact that someone would make you feel otherwise makes me sad.

Your the best!!!

xoxo

Brittany said...

You go girl! Taking the higher road and that is super awesome. They obviously don't have any idea what they are talking about, you are amazing. I am proud of you! xo