Wednesday, October 17

London ... in a day

Before we flew home to the U.S.
we made a quick pit stop in London.
We were there for only a day.
And it was awesome.
We hit London during the Olympics.
I kept trying to find a trash bin at the train station
and when I asked a volunteer where one was,
he said "There are none in case they blow up."
Oh. right.
Terrorists ruin everything.
Everything was decked out in Olympic fan fare.
I loved it!
Reminded me of SLC 2002.
 Oh you know using a pay phone.
Psyche.
It's totally just for a photo.
 Big Ben was not as big as I was thinking.
Very cool.
Just not as big.
 I was mistaken for royalty.
It happens all the time.
Sometimes I stop and wave for my admirers.

 Westminster Abby.
Gorgeous.
Closed because of the risk of terrorists.
Terrorists truly ruin everything.

Saw these American fans.
Very clever.
The lady on the far right looks totally amused too.

And then we finally made it home to the U.S.
It was heavenly to be home.
To be able to read the signs everywhere because they were in English!
It was a miracle.
This is all our luggage we traveled around with.
6 people and 14 pieces of luggage.
Never lost a piece.

I am so grateful I was able to be apart of this amazing trip.
I was able to experience so much and will never forget it.
I can't wait until James and I go back to Europe and explore more!

3 comments:

Steffani Dastrup said...

Wow. What a fun adventure! And London during the Olympics? Even if it's just for a day I'm totally jealous. You look amazing my the way. That telephone booth picture is gorgeous!

Jenny Alama said...

Isn't it just amazing?!? I truly think everyone needs to experience Europe at least once in their life. And if you guys go back... take us with you!!!!!

The Nielsens said...

Wow. That WAS amazing!