Back in February I was able to check something off of my bucket list.
My brother-in-law, Gary, and I ran across the Golden Gate Bridge.
It was so awesome!!
The bridge looked so beautiful in the morning.
We were lucky with a sunny day and no fog.
I couldn't believe how loud the wind was on our right
and then mixed with the noise of the cars on your left,
it left me consumed in my thoughts.
I was just so excited running across the bridge I was enjoying every minute!
Once we got across the bridge we ran up a trail we found.
The views we kept seeing were unbelievable.
This view of the San Francisco, the Bay Bridge, and Alcatraz.
As we got to the top of the hill we could see a clear view of Angel Island.
I wonder if those 3 convicts that escaped Alcatraz made it alive to Angel Island.
I wish we could find out.
I guess it will be one of those unsolved mysteries we find out about in Heaven.
Again and again the views were unbelievable.
I was enjoying the stopping and taking photos along the way,
since our goal was a 10 mile run.
I had not ran more than 6 miles so I was trying my best to stay up with Gary.
Good thing he's a good sport and slowed his speed for me.
We ended up finding Black Sand Beach.
Isolated with almost no one on the beach.
It was so cool.
As you can tell the views were amazing running back to the bridge.
These images are on the sidewalks of the Golden Gate.
I love how they are old school with the man and the hat.
To get to the correct side of the bridge to run back on,
we actually went underneath the bridge.
I've never seen that view of it before.
A bit scary with the sound of the cars passing over head.
Checking off something I have been wanting to do for years was so awesome.
I love being able to experience difference things in my life.
Life would be so boring otherwise. :)







4 comments:
Awesome! I ran part way across it when I went in August, although it was so foggy, someone could have told me it was any old bridge. I've been wanting to tell you forever that when I went, we did go to the Garlic Rose restaurant and got that weird garlic appetizer. Thanks for the tip!
Amazing linds!!! What a cool thing to have done. You inspire me!
Tam
Great job Linds! I love crossing things off my bucket list. Although running across a bridge is so not one that on mine! I have panic attacks on bridges! So all the more reason that you rock!
How cool is that! And you took such awesome pictures. I so wish you would have been there last week. I will come again and would love for you to take me running across the Golden Gate Bridge!
Post a Comment