Monday, June 2

5:30am

You know those people who love to work out and watch the sunrise?
I am NOT one of those.
I love working out in the morning,
but when that alarm goes off at 5:30am,
I want to stab myself in eye with a fork.

A good friend of mine teaches spin at 6:00am.
Spin helps makes runners stronger.
Burns upwards of 800 calories.
Is a killer every single time.
But 6:00am...barf!!

I can happily say after months of promising,
"I swear I will be there at 6:00am"
And it never happening.
I've gone two weeks in a row.
I hate myself from the moment the alarm goes off,
pretty much until I'm walking out of the gym to go straight to work.
I can see why people enjoying watching the sun rise as they work out.
It's euphoric and can lift the soul.
But let's be real,
5:30am is way too early for anyone to be crawling out of bed.
I guess that's what they mean by sacrifice.
Now I have to learn how to stay peppy with little sleep and without caffeine.
I think caffeine makes me have crazy mood swings.
On to fixing another one of my kinks.
Another story for a another time.

No comments: