Thursday, May 29

Point Reyes

Recently James and I have been going on a hike every weekend.
It has been fun to see different areas of California we haven't been to before.
The hiking is much different than Utah,
a lot more flat and often times you end up at an ocean.
I can't complain too much about California hiking. :)

 We ventured to Point Reyes.
It's about 40 minutes north of San Francisco.
In a beautiful area that seems to go on forever.
 As you drive along the road to get to the coast,
you pass farms that were established in the 1800's.
Cows, goats,  and llamas are on either side of you.

 We would stop at different points and do different walks to look outs.
I see the ocean quite often now,
but every time I am still awe struck by its beauty and it's vast size.
 Every time we saw cows I kept thinking,
California cows truly are the happiest cows.
And then I would tell the cow I would eat him for dinner
with a sweet potato on the side.
I was thrilled, the cow... not so much.
 Off to the side of one of our hikes is a beach where elephant seals park themselves.
There were more tucked underneath the cliff,
but they have the best life.
Lounging on the beach in the sun all day,
listening to the ocean roll in.
Sounds heavenly.
 We made the trek of 300 stairs to the lighthouse.
 It was a beautiful lighthouse.
Right at the edge of it all.
There was even a lighthouse keeper log from the 1800's.
Complaints of one guard going missing for a day and coming back drunk.
Or of another guard stealing a horse never to return.
It was fascinating.
 The 300 stairs.
 The coast line is so beautiful.
I can't stop and be in awe of it's beauty.

Point Reyes is a beautiful place.
We have hiked around here twice,
and I can't wait to take the nanny girls on some hikes there this summer.

No comments: