Have a made-up mind and resolve
that no matter what comes in your way
or how impossible it looks,
you will not lose your passion.
-Joel Osteen
I enjoy writing.
I enjoy writing on this blog.
I quite honestly don't think anyone looks at blogs anymore,
and I am ok with that.
I get so sucked in to what everyone else is doing.
It's annoying.
Instagram is a huge time suck for me.
I wish I had the will power to delete it,
but the excuse of staying connected to my nieces and nephews,
and to other family, keeps me going.
I'm still so glad I am not on Facebook.
I am taking English this semester.
As I said above, I enjoy writing.
But for some reason this semester I have been hitting mind blocks.
I sit to write a paper, like I'm supposed to be doing now,
and choose to do other things.
Maybe its the fact that my peers read my rough drafts
and critique the paper while I am sitting there.
That is quite nerve wracking.
Some comments I feel sheepish, that I didn't think of that beforehand.
Other comments I let flow right off my back.
As long as I get a good grade,
that's all I care about.
I've been in a bit of a rut lately.
I can't fully get myself going in the things I want to do.
I don't know what it is,
but it's been a slow start getting my feet out of the mud.
Progress sometimes can be quick,
but usually its slow moving.
You don't realize how far you've come,
until you glance back.
I guess the important thing is to keep fighting.
To keep moving forward and to continually better yourself.
I hope I am improving myself.
I feel that I have grown so much in these last years.
I am proud of who I am.
I have more to improve and tweak,
but I'm grateful for all I have learned and accomplished.
I know the Lord is real.
I know He hears and answers prayers.
I feel lucky to have that knowledge.
So here's to keep on moving forward.
To bettering ourselves and those around us.
To being kind and loving and supportive,
because that's all we all ever need.
Is a good pat on the back from a friend,
and a positive "Good job mate!"



2 comments:
I love your post!! It will help me to be better too! We all get in ruts...Then the road crew comes along and helps me out of it!!
You are beautiful and amazing and I'm so proud of every little part of YOU!!! Love...love...love!!!
Hey I read your blog. And you don't blog enough. Did you hear about Stef and Brianne Rass and their twins? They found out what they are having. Maybe they are on instagram and announced it there. I am not on instagram so I wouldn't know that. Glad you are still having fun in California. Come visit Utah so we can have a clogging reunion.
Post a Comment